Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently picked up a PT24/7 Pro LS in 9mm. It has the rubber grips which I thought was cool. I did not pay that much for it but did make a nice drive to pick it up. This model has the heine sights on it also. I have read a lot of bad things about Taurus pistols but seem to like this one. My sister has a Taurus 1911 that was fun to shoot and never had any issues with it while at the range.

Only problem with this pistol is that I only got one magazine and no box with it so I am on the lookout for a case and some magazines. I have a Sig P226 in 9mm and that case actually fit the pistol really nice since they are about the same size. Ebay has 10rnd magazines but what's the point of a full size pistol when you can only load 10 rounds, seems dumb. If anyone knows a good place for magazines and a OWB holster, that would be cool.

Here it is next to my 226.

I also have a Sig P230SL, makarov 380 by Imez (real mak), and a FIE Titan II 32 that was basically given to me.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Congratulations on your 9mm 24/7 Pro LS and Welcome to the Forum! :cool:

I have a very similar 9mm 24/7 Pro Standard that is one of my most favorite 9mm handguns and a daily constant companion, with some 1500 very trouble free rounds thru it, so far.

As for Magazines, you should be able to use Generation 1 24/7 17 round Magazines in it, if you could only find them.
Checked all of my favorite sources, and some not so favorite, and came up empty.
Best bet right now is to buy them directly from Taurus Customer Service, as they get them first, before anyone else does.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:wave:Salutations from an old Taurus guy in Northern Mississippi.

Pull up a chair, kick back, and enjoy sharing ideas and experiences with some of the finest folks who assemble on the web.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations on your 9mm 24/7 Pro LS and Welcome to the Forum! :cool:

I have a very similar 9mm 24/7 Pro Standard that is one of my most favorite 9mm handguns and a daily constant companion, with some 1500 very trouble free rounds thru it, so far.

As for Magazines, you should be able to use Generation 1 24/7 17 round Magazines in it, if you could only find them.
Checked all of my favorite sources, and some not so favorite, and came up empty.
Best bet right now is to buy them directly from Taurus Customer Service, as they get them first, before anyone else does.
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
You can find a factory case on ebay.

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
you got a hard to find model!
NO its not a collectable, but the LS was kind of the smallest produced as it was basically pushed aside by the OSS, and the "Ribber" grips were only produced for a couple yeras as they encountered problems with them, i think they only were on 9 MM and 40 cal as well.
In my opinion the 24/7 is the best taurus produced/designed pistol in their lineup!
now before anyone jumps on ths statement the Pt1911 is a browning design, the 92/99 is a Beretta design.
I got 3 of the 24/7's myself and they work very well for me.
as for maagzines, the reason for the 10 rounders is that they are Kalifornia compliant, there is also a 10 round shorty magazine (for the 24/7 compact)that will not fit your gun, otherwise any genertion 1 mags should work, the standard, the LS, the OSS, the Ti all use the same magazine.

Reactions: atl530i
1 - 10 of 10 Posts