Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Taurus today, a M85 Ultra-Lite 2in. The follow at the gun shop said that he would not shoot P+ in it. The Taurus factory web site said that it is P+ rated. Whats the scoop on this? Also what SD rounds do most of you guys like in this model? At the range should I shoot just standard loads and leave the P+ for carry only or what. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The guy at the gun shop said he would not shoot +P because it's an UltraLight, not because it can't handle it... ;D The M85, in all of its configurations can handle +P without a hitch. And believe me, +P in this gun is not bad at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much sir for clearing this up for me. Now I can run up to Wally World in the morrning and buy some ammo for it. Right now it just makes for a nice club. I just got finished reading a bunch of the older threads on P+ vs standard loads and it looks like P+ is the way to go. I`am sure i can find this also by looking around but its getting late so let me ask please, do you like the FMJ or JHP for the gun I have? and how about best bullet weight in the 38 SPL? Thanks and I`ll start tomorrow reading up on all the other M85 threads. This is a very nice site ya`ll have here and Happy New Year to all.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
To be the most basic I can be.....FMJ's for target/practice---JHP's for self-defense.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That`s a big 10-4 over and out and thanks. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts