Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, found this site the other day and looks like a great group. I just picked up a PT145 and love it. I use to be into the Ak's and other assault weapons but sold the collection and now just focused on getting a few concealed carry guns and this was my first one. I went and applied for my permit a few days ago and was surprised at how easy it is in Georgia, paid 40.00 bucks and filled out a questionaire. Seemed a little to easy but oh well, I am sure they looked into the process. Would love to here from everyone, I just moved here from Arizona and would like to meet some fellow shooters. take care.

Kevin Harper

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:
Now what made you leave our beatiful state :-\...lol

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D

Congrats on your permit :D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carreer change, I would like to get back out west one day. The thing I mis most is being able to target shoot almost anywhere you want, all state land you can fire away unless they have fire warnings.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Is your avatar the new state flag of Georgia or what? I read somewhere that some folks were offended because the Confederate battle flag was incorporated into the state flag. If so, I guess they don't know what the Stars and Bars is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I think the old flag might have been a little offensive to some. I do not know the whole story but I do tend to be proud of living in Georgia.

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
Shame they changed the flag, but that one is cool. Idiots don't know the diff in a battle flag and a national flag. :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly, you hit it right on the head!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome, $40.00 man that's cheap here in Texas it's price of the course, $115.00 for mine then $147.00 to the State, then you gotta wait for the state and FBI background check.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome,
I am new to the sight also but have already been helped with a few questions. Seems like a friendly and helpful forum to me. Wish you the best with your new Taurus.
Harry

·
Registered
846 Posts
It's funny all the things going on with our country and the world, seems stupid on what some get mad about. :bang:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sure $40 is cheap, but it took more than four months to get the initial permit. Ahh the beauty of government efficiency...

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Welcome from the late Horse Country guy!!

Yeah, KY, it is $85 for the training, then $40 for the state, and $20 for the sheriff. It is an 8 hour course, so you got lunch in the middle somewhere, and I hope cigarette breaks. "not sure I could go 8 hours without a smoke"

Hopefully, I will be able to sign up for one that goes off next Sat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts