Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big hello to everyone! I'll give you a run down of my history.

I've been a long-time Taurus fan and previously owned a Model 85CH stainless .38 which I now regret selling.

Most recently, I completed my Missouri training and qualification on June 21st. Fingerprinting and application paperwork on June 24th for the CC endorsement and now I am waiting on the FBI, Missouri State Highway Patrol and/or the local sheriff's department to conclude the paperwork. To coincide with the pending approval, I've purchased a Taurus PT745 Millenium Pro in .45ACP which appears to work very well for concealed carry. I've opted for less shots and bigger brass just from a personal preference standpoint. I've owned a 10mm S&W 1006 for 16 years so big caliber bullets don't bother me a lot. If they did, I'm sure I'd be looking at a 9mm mainly from a cost perspective.

In my youth, I was a wheel gun fan and I still have a three-screw .22 Ruger Single-Six (with factory transfer bar retro-fit) and a Ruger Vaquero in .45LC. It kind of goes without saying, neither of those will cut the mustard for concealed carry.

I was a supporter of Missouri's Proposition B when it was on the ballot. Approval for which gave us concealed carry in Missouri. However, I never felt the inner urge to complete the application due to time constraints, crowded training classes and all the fees. Things changed for me this year, elections and candidates have got my dander up and I'm fighting mad about all the nonsense with respect to gun control and the lack of respect criminals have for our laws.

I will confess, I have carried concealed without a license, many times. When I felt the need outweighed the risks, I've done it. It was a poor choice and I'm correcting it now.

I am an NRA Life Member, hunter and avid outdoorsman. My 11 year old son is also a Life Member and my 5 year old daughter will soon be also.

It's awesome to find a web site with such a willing group of people who share the knowledge they collectively possess! I look forward to gleaning from your nuggets of wisdom and hope at some point I can contribute to the group.

Right now, I am the newbie who keeps asking the wife, "does it show", "does this look OK", "what do you think". I am already guilty of pulling on my shirt regularly while walking around the house or venturing outside for the mail. This is going to take some getting used to. I know I need to take a little of the edge off my apprehension, but forgetting it's there is probably not a good thing either. I hope to keep a cautious vigilance as to my appearance without attracting attention.

Here's wishing you never have to take it out of the holster except at the range!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed, a great place to "pick up nuggets", not from me though, I'm in a boat similar to yours. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon

·
Administrator
40,388 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

New member or old member, we all still learn a lot. :thumb:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome from The Volunteer State!
I have been here less than a week, I LOVE THIS PLACE!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Welcome aboard from southwestern Virginia!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from Georgia great site great people here.

You could of also got the PT145 Millenium pro exactly the same ast the PT745 with a slightly wider grip probably about 3/8 if even that much. It holds only an extra 3 in the mag and one in the chamber. But still you cant beat a .45 that small with 8 shots that is pretty accurate for a sub-compact. But anyway once again WELCOME

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
ShookFarm, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln. I'm right across the river from StL. That tag line looks familiar. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry neighbor for treading on your signature! No harm intended.

I'll have to give it more thought. I don't want to steal anybody's thunder. Guess I'll have to go to my old standby?

Anybody here got a signature regarding "Lonesome Dove"?

·
Super Moderator
21,805 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
402 Posts
ShookFarm said:
Sorry neighbor for treading on your signature! No harm intended.

I'll have to give it more thought. I don't want to steal anybody's thunder. Guess I'll have to go to my old standby?

Anybody here got a signature regarding "Lonesome Dove"?
No worries, friend. Always happy to run across another fan of the Duke. Birds of a feather flock together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm back to the signature I've had on other boards for some time. Now, InfidelIllini, we can maintain a separate identity while maintaining the knowledge we share the same values!

Kind of odd, isn't that what brought us all together in the first place (shared values)?

·
Registered
402 Posts
ShookFarm said:
I'm back to the signature I've had on other boards for some time. Now, InfidelIllini, we can maintain a separate identity while maintaining the knowledge we share the same values!

Kind of odd, isn't that what brought us all together in the first place (shared values)?
I hear ya, one of the good things about the interwebs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts