Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Been busy reading all to great stuff here and learning a lot, nice to find so many Taurus fans in one bunch .
I'm grateful to be here!

Lamar

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Welcome Aboard lamar very useful info here alot of knowledge in this forum friendly people too.Have Fun :wave: :wave:

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
Welcome from West Texas Lamar! :wave:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Qwiks draw said:
Welcome to the forums.

Do you have any Tauri per chance? Inquiring minds want to know? LOL
PT24/7PRO in .45 and PT145PRO, Never without one of them.
Lamar

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
fl4guy, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

I have the same two guns in SS.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Welcome to the board from southwest Virginia!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome Lamar, from South Carolina. I also have a PT145.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Don't you guys down there in Alabama have some HORRIBLE gun laws?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mp3mogul said:
Don't you guys down there in Alabama have some HORRIBLE gun laws?

Personally, I think MOST gun laws ar "horrible" LOL, but I live in the sticks, work mostly around a City of 60,000, and CC all the time. The exception is certain Government buildings I visit only for vehicle registrations, CCP renewal, mailing Taurus warranty cards to Miami, etc.

There's been two citizen self-defense shootings (that I know of) locally in the last six months, one fatal to the home invader and the other a wounded burgular shot outside a home by a homeowner staking out her home from her barn. The stupid thieves kept coming back.
No charges were filed against either shooter.

I can buy a handgun and box of ammo and carry it out of the store, no more 3 day wait.

It took all of five minutes to get my last concealed carry permit at my county's Sheriff's Office and it's SUPPOSED to be recognized in most states, but I'll check before I test that.

I'm no lawyer, but I believe Alabama is an open carry state, you just need a permit to transport a loaded weapon in a vehicle on public roadways.

Please Please Please,
someone correct me if you know this to be untrue
Please!!!

Again, I'm thrilled to find this group and have learned a ton of stuff, thanks guys
I know I'm in the right place
Does EVERYONE here have 145?
And VegasGuy, My next will be a 145SSP, my dress gun!
Lamar

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Strange I was on opencarry.org and it shows Alabama as gun unfriendly. I need to take my daughter to college in two months and drive there. I'll call the state PD and find out any laws... I don't want to have to disassemble my gun into 4 or 5 parts and have some in the front, some in the trunk, etc... but from what I read, it's not very gun friendly. I was truely hoping you or some others from Alabama could shed some light.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts