Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Don (dlw)
I am a writer/photographer; retired.
I often travel alone with my camera gear and laptop computer and found myself in a jam a while back.
While in a very remote place, two men stopped and said they wanted my gear.
I managed to get in my vehicle and leave before they could stop me.
A short chase followed until by chance a deputy sheriff came along.
I stopped him. The two guys turned around and left.
The deputy sheriff ask why I didn't have a gun.

I'm now own a Taurus PT92B.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Wow! One of the more unique intros here!! You picked a fine gun. Take time to become familiar with it and report back often. Welcome aboard....

·
32,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Horror stories need a response and getting a PT92 is as good a one as one can get.

Just for gee whiz info, if you are a beginner at all this as far as shooting goes there are local gunshops and NRA basic pistol courses that can be had with which to get started with.

Reputable gun shops have instructors that are certified or go to www.nra.org. Click on Programs. Then click on the box Firearm training. There are links for clubs and all you need to know to get started. From what I know of things one does not need to be a NRA member.

It is recommended that you read the FAQs section. Then go on over to Other pistols board and read any old and new threads pertaining to PT92s.

First day and you are already getting homework.
Wait until you see the forms to fill out for here. :) Oh wait. We can't find any and our virtual copier is on the fritz again. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum it's good to have you with us. :)

Secondly, I'm glad you came out of that incident unscathed. Sadly, the chances of being preyed upon by two-legged predators by far outweighs being hurt or killed by the four-legged variety.

Thirdly, the PT92 series is by far one of the best going IMO, of not only the Taurus line but of all manufacturers. I have a real affinity for mine, and while I own a few other Taurus products, and other handguns from other makers as well, the PT92 is one of the ones I shoot most frequently. In fact, I had it out today and ran two boxes of CCI/Blazer through it.

I have nothing but praise for this pistol and think you'll be well served by it. If you have any questions Don, please feel free to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts