Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Looking at getting the Judge 6" barrel. Live in an area of snakes. I heard and saw some videos that this would be more accurate than the shorter version. Any opinions please
...its as accurate as your aim. But yeah, probably would take out the average snake pretty well. Heck, it'd probably take out a 20 foot python also.

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I don't own a Judge, but do know that a longer barrel does contribute to greater accuracy usually due to the longer sight radius. I would think ballistics difference would be negligible for a shotshell, and know nothing about pattern difference.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Welcome to TA From Ft Worth Texas

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
40,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Florida Keys!

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
8,337 Posts
Welcome to the forum future Judge owner. I have owned almost every Judge available. 2",3",4' and 6". 6" will increase your accuracy with 45LC. However 410 shot will pattern pretty much the same with 3" - 6". The 2" pattern is about 20% larger. Now lets talk about that pattern, you can expect a 1' pattern at 5-8 feet, 2' pattern at 10-15 feet using the birdshot or 4 shot. Much beyond 15 feet you might miss smaller,thinner snakes. Next question is carry. The 2 and 3" Judge's carry similar to a large revolver. Pretty easy to OWB or IWB as long as your pants are snug. I carried my 2" and 3" judges in an OWB paddle holster and took many snakes, a few squirrels, and once a PO'd possum.
However varmint control is only part of the Judge mission. With good 45LC SD loads it makes a great close in defense weapon, and is oh so fun to shoot on the range.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts