Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm SC born and bred, married with children, and an avid gun fan. I'm an IDPA shooter and firearm collector. While growing up I did a little hunting and was taught firearm safety by my Dad. Over the next 35 years I rarely used a firearm, hunted, or bought a weapon. I had only a small Iver Johnson .410 shotgun.

I just became reacquainted with firearms a little over a year ago. Last December I went for my CWP, then joined the IDPA. In that year's time I became pretty much addicted to the sport and have acquired over 30 weapons, including rifles, pistols, and shotguns. One of the most recent additions to the stable is the Taurus PT-1911. Wanted the SS model, but couldn't make myself wait. I also have the pre Pro version of the PT-145 Millenium, which I love, and it rides in the glove box of my SUV every day. 8)

I'm a member of several other gun forums, KTOG, Saiga, Hi-Point, XD, AK-47, etc. I use the same handle on all. I look forward to exchanging information and talking guns. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I was also born and raised in the great state of South Carolina. What part of the state are you from? I grew up in a small town down near Charleston. I'm living in Texas now, but boy do I ever miss my home state! I am thinking of doing the IDPA stuff soon myself.

This is a good forum. Have fun!

Todd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx BD, I'm in the Upstate near Greenville.

Like Gabe Suarez says, you're either a sheep, a wolf, or a sheepdog. Most people are sheep, unaware and don't want to know, oblivious of the bad guy and therefore easy prey. And we all know what the wolf (BG) is, but once you become aware of the wolves and decide to protect and defend against them, you become a "sheepdog". And once you've become a sheepdog, you can never go back.

I say all of that, to say this; Once you decide to use a gun for protection and defense, you need to practice to become proficient. Many go to the range. And while practice on the range is certainly better than none, IDPA takes your practice to another level, by more closely mimicking real life SHTF situations that may call for use of a weapon to stop an attack.

Standing still and shooting an immobile target at the range is one thing, shooting under pressure and on the move is another. Try it BD, you'll become a better shooter for it, and you'll have a ball. 8)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome to the board. Glad you found us here, and enjoy your stay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts