Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I went to Academy sports to look for a pistol because my two sons have gotten to the age where we can start doing some serious camping. Unfortunately the way the world is behaving now days, I really don't feel like it is very safe to be camping in the mountain woods of North and South Carolina without some source of protection. Even though me and friends did it all the time when we were younger. I also wanted purchase a pistol for protection at home.

I went to the gun counter wanting to get the feel of a Glock 23, Springfield DX40, and a Baby Desert Eagle 40. After holding each one and feeling the balance of the weight, I was favoring the Baby Desert Eagle. Then I asked the sale clerk if there were any others that have a nice feel, good warranty, and positive feedback from customers. So then he pulls out the Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 40. When I picked it up, I loved how comfortable it was, the balance felt good, and I liked the way it held 16 bullets. Then I looked down and seen the price was $349. I told the clerk this is the one I want.

By the way, this is the second gun I have ever purchased in my whole life. My first gun was a SKS assault rifle that got stolen a few month later from a house guest, back when Clinton was banning weapons. Another reason I chose the Taurus was because my co-worker has a Taurus revolver and told me that it was a very good gun.

So for I have only opened the case and read through some of the materials, but after reading owners post it has really gotten me excited to try it out this weekend. I will be reading through all the threads looking for maintenance suggestions, child safety at home (But being able to use it quickly if I need it.), source to purchase a nice holster, and anything I haven't thought about.

P.S. - My user name is actually my Xbox Live gamertag. Not a trouble maker. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
A warm welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma!
Enjoy your new toy! ;D

·
Administrator
40,858 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts