Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here from north west Arkansas. Traded in my 9mm for a pt 740. As always I stripped it down and cleaned it. I haven't fired it yet but I put the slide back on racked the slide and test pulled the trigger but no click. Any advice. Trying to re engage the trigger after reassembly. Do I need to send it in or am I doing something wrong. New to the Taurus lineup so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome from North Louisiana! On the 740, you have to pull all the way back for the first pull. Very long pull.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from StL. MO! I've seen triggers from the factory (709s mostly) that will nearly touch the frame on the first SA pull - most of them get over it for some reason. Try dry firing it and pull it farther than you have yet if that is possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from North Louisiana! On the 740, you have to pull all the way back for the first pull. Very long pull.
Lmao... Geez. Thanks. I believe I'll just erase my account now sell all my guns. Apparently I don't have the common sense to own one haha. Thanks man I appreciate the "fix". Haha

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lmao... Geez. Thanks. I believe I'll just erase my account now sell all my guns. Apparently I don't have the common sense to own one haha. Thanks man I appreciate the "fix". Haha
Haha no need to do that. That's what we are here for! Make sure and load up your magazines and let them set for a few days. It will help break in the spring. Racking the slide without the magazine in it as much as you can will help too. I did all of that and when I went to the range, I did not have any problems out of the 100 rounds i shot through mine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas on the North shore of Greers Ferry Lake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well at least there are second impressions... Haha. I plan on takin the 740 out this weekend to see how it groups. Do you guys know a great suggested range for 6 to 8 inch grouping with this gun. This will be my first time shooting it so I hope to get it sighted in before my c&c test feb 2nd. Thanks again!

·
Administrator
41,076 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!!