Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New guy from north Texas

2K views 58 replies 52 participants last post by  hpm__pro 
#1 ·
New to the forums just bought Taurus mill pro g2 9mm . Gots lots of reading to do as I have only owned revolvers !
Chick at academy steered my to the G2 as I was fixing to buy the first gen and she said the G2 was the same price .
Looked at both of them and took the G2 home .
Wont get to run any rounds thru it as the only thing I could get have been hollow points . Looking for FMJ rounds now . Buying ammo local is a joke !

Reactions: garyh
#4 ·
#7 ·
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

#9 ·
Congrats on the new Mil Pro and welcome aboard. The key to any new Taurus is to clean the living snot out of it, lube lightly and cycle the action a few hundred times. I'm glad the gal at Academy steered you in the right direction.
Depending on where in N TX you are, you might be able to find some FMJ's in 9mm but they'll be few and far between.
I know Since you just got the G2 you found us to check things out for your specific firearm, but you'll find you'll keep coming back for the people. We have quite a few on here from the N Texas area and they have exceptional tastes in firearms and alcohol.

Reactions: TexasAviator
#10 ·
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

#12 ·
I like Budweiser lol I was going to the academy across town since they were the only ones with a slim 9mm I get over there and it's sold so I'm looking and see the 1rst gen. 111 tell the gal I'll take it and she pulls the g2 out tells me it's the newer 9mm version of the one I looked at and proceeds to tell me about it . I told her lets do paper work !!

#14 ·
Welcome from New Mexico, I am sure you will enjoy your G2 when you can locate some ammo. Just be sure to clean it really good before taking it to the range. This should prevent any feed or ejection issues.

#15 ·
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

#16 ·
Welcome from Indiana!!

#18 ·
A warm welcome to the Forum from Weatherford! Saw the G2 at Academy in Fort Worth and it looked super! Can't wait for the PT140 G2!

#19 ·
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

#22 ·
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from an old Taurus guy down in Mississippi. :D

As a member of this forum, you will have the opportunity to be acquainted with some of the most amiable and knowledgeable firearms folks on the web.

Congratulations on your new Millennium G2 PT111!

I have owned three pistols in the generation one Millennium series, and they have all be stellar handguns.

#24 ·
Welcome from Plano TX to the best gun forum on the Internet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.