Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just found out about this forum. One of the reasons I'm here is to hear from people who actually own and shoot Tauruses (Tauri?). I'm getting a new gun, and would like to consider Taurus, but I'm a little nervous because I'm hearing so much lately that customer service has gotten bad, and that there are quality issues recently.

I hope you all can help me out.

Mark

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Mark, glad you could join us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We have many staff and forum members who post regularly on the forum and those who can relate their personal experiences with various models.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome!

Years and years ago, Taurus was definitely a 2nd tier manufacturer. (Datsun/Nissan was once the cut-rate clone-clone company in Japan too). Things have changed. They still sell their guns less expensively than other manufacturers (perhaps that's why some dealers don't like them - too little mark-up) and they still sell versions of the Beretta 92 (then again, they bought the factory and drawings from Beretta in Brazil - legal and ligit as houses) but they also have come out with the Millinium Pro series, which wear like iron, shoot like lightning and carry easily. Their 24/7 series is quite innovative and their PT1911 series redefines a quality clone of the Colt (Kimber, Wilson Combat, Para Ordinance Springfield Armory and Smith & Wesson make some 'knock-offs' of the 1911 too, you know).

Taurus doesn't make perfect guns - and they don't make guns perfectly (C) 2007.... but I haven't found anybody that does.

About us - most of us have a number of different guns from different manufacturers - we're pretty open-minded (right now I'm wearing my Colt 1911 as my carry piece today) - we've seen the good and the bad from every company - but we still value our Taurus firearms.

Jump in. Circulate. Pretty soon you'll be a 'Taurusian' and your bank account will never be quite the same. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
mark - I'm in Tucson, got a 24/7 40 cal as my first gun about a year ago. After the first 200 rounds, it hasnt had a misfire or jam for about 3000. Any the 3 that were in the first 200 I believe were due to my gf limp-wristing the weapon. I've had one experience with Taurus CS (different gun, the 4510) and they were slow, but the did what they were supposed to do. If you're ever down Tucson way, gimme a holler and you can try either out.

Marcus

·
Administrator
39,896 Posts
Welcome from West Texas. A plethora of information here. Saw plethora in a dictionary or somewhere. :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts