Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

Obviously I am new to the forum only because I wasn't aware that it existed! I've owned a Taurus 17 HMR revolver since 2004ish and have nothing but glorious things to say about it! During that time I was into flashy intimidating weapons and it fit the bill quite nicely. I don't know the model number? The number in the crane (I think that's what it's called) is either 1116 or 1118, I don't see as well as I once did. It has an 8.5" barrel and is finished in black chrome. At first glance it's very shocking, but once you notice the tiny holes in the cylinder and also the one out the end of the barrel it's obviously not a large caliber weapon. I still love it and always will, it shoots amazing and it's just pretty IMO.

Recently, like the past couple of months, I have been on some sort of unintentional Taurus buying spree! November I bought a PT92 in SS and love it! Love it so much in fact in December I bought another one just like it, so now 2 matching PT92s, both in 9mm. This month was my birthday and I got a PT1911, blued in .45 ACP. This is my first 1911 as well as my first 45. I'm nervous and excited at the same time! Haven't got to shoot the 1911 yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

I hope to learn some good information being here and I might just have a trick or two to share from time to time. I've been refinishing guns for a couple of years now and just recently got into some reloading (meaning I bought the press, all the equipment and a few reloading books that are all still in bags in the closet). My work carries me up and down the east coast so my home time is limited right now, but hopefully my interest and love of guns will lead to something a little closer to home!

Anyway, as if this could be any longer... It's great to be here and I look forward to meeting everyone in the forums!

Thom

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Welcome form north Texas!

You picked a great 1911 for your first 1911!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! Congrats on the new acquisitions. I've not shot the model 92, but hear nothing but good about them. I do have two of the PT1911s in blue and ss and they are my favorite shooters. I'll be interested to hear your comparison of the 92 with the 1911.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only fired the first purchased PT92 and I was pleasantly surprised. Prior to this gun a .380 Ruger LCP was my largest caliber handgun and I was a bit trigger shy at first. After the first few magazines through the PT92 I couldn't reload them fast enough! It is a joy to shoot and even with my limited skills proved to be very accurate. The 2nd PT and the 1911 were both purchased used, but well inspected and I feel confident they will prove to be equally impressive! I'll be sure to make mental notes when I can get them out to the range and run them through the process.

·
Administrator
39,486 Posts
Welcome from West Texas, Thom! :wave:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio. I too am an avid lover of my PT92 and dubbed it my special favorite.

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN just jump right in. :) You started out buying the two most popular guns Taurus makes not to mention the Judge and they are worth it Congrats!!!! And we talk about everything here so in your travels if you can get to a PC you will always feel at home.

To help you out check the FAQs,stickies and the site guidelines it will make getting around much quicker. :)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the #1 handgun forum!

As a new member of this fine forum, you now have an enormous amount of Taurus information and personal experiences, literally, at the end of your fingertips.

Feel free to jump right in and share your shooting experiences and knowledge with us.

·
Super Moderator
35,701 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois...I have a hunch you are going to fall in love with your PT 1911, and once you do you'll eagerly tear into the reloading of the 45 ACP to feed that baby.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts