1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I got a pre-order notice on those from a dealer, they are due to start shipping in February. Pretty pricey, $454 to $690 they were quoting, depending on frame material, porting, caliber. I'd like a ported titanium 9mm. But $690? that's a lot. I'll wait.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a pre-order notice on those from a dealer, they are due to start shipping in February. Pretty pricey, $454 to $690 they were quoting, depending on frame material, porting, caliber. I'd like a ported titanium 9mm. But $690? that's a lot. I'll wait.
For that price I can get a couple of derringers for the same purpose.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Reactions: btleslie

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Interesting concept...but it ain't a Taurus! :cool:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If they made something that thin and put a 3.5 to 4 inch barrel on it, it would disappear IWB and it wouldn't take your arm off. It makes a Glock almost look pretty.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The biggest is the booger hook next would be a tactical reload is a "top off" , 2 rounds in this is a complete refill.
Maybe this link didn't copy right. It was the mistake the Springfield Rep made on the 3.8 XDM video I am looking for.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Bad looking piece of equipment. Talk about "up close and personal"?
Yeah, but fire a ported one from the hip and you may walk away sans eyebrows.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Years ago I posted on here about ideas for improving the derringer and got blasted. Looks like someone is going to take a new concept and make money off of it. I thought the price was a little high for the double tap. I'd buy a single stack 9mm instead. Interesting concept though.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That ambi-thumb safety is a mag release!
And we have a winner. You get a years supply of Kudos. :D

It didn't register at first and I had to go back to see if I had heard what I thought I heard.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
One thing I see I don't like about the nano is that it requires a tool for takedown. Don't they know how hard it is to find a punch in a Zombie Apocalypse?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Years ago I posted on here about ideas for improving the derringer and got blasted. Looks like someone is going to take a new concept and make money off of it. I thought the price was a little high for the double tap. I'd buy a single stack 9mm instead. Interesting concept though.
I agree. If I was planning on doing any riverboat gambling I'd be all over that thing. But since I'm not, I'll stick with something with more bullets. A lot more bullets. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Maybe after they get production going (if they do) the price will come down a bit. Personally I think this has a great opportunity to become a rare collector's item twenty years from now. Like the COP .357 derringer.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
See if you can find the mistake the rep makes in this one. :eek:

Sneak Peek Videos @ galleryofguns.com
In the double tap vid I didn't like the way the rep snapped the gun closed and then waved it at the cameraman with his finger on the trigger.

Yes, I know we saw it was unloaded, BUT that isn't the point is it?

The GOLDEN rule, a gun is ALWAYS loaded, even when you 'know' it isn't....

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
And we have a winner. You get a years supply of Kudos. :D

It didn't register at first and I had to go back to see if I had heard what I thought I heard.
Actually, he called them "ambidextrous thumb latches" which release the barrel to swing up to open. I didn't see a mag release mentioned unless that was when he was mentioning the two extra bullets you carry in a strip in the grip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts