Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading it, I'm not sure I really need the thing. Theirs, at least, was no more accurate with the couple of loads they tried, than my Rough Rider. And, so, I'm thinkin' why should I buy yet another single action? Meh, yeah it's a Ruger. I suppose that'd give me 10 Rugers. That's really the only reason I can think of to buy the thing.:D

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Personally, I've all but decided to get one for my mother as a Birthday present. I got a Heritage Arms Rough Rider for my father a few years ago and my mom loves it, so I was going to get one for her as well, but the Ruger Wrangler looks really nice, doesn't cost much more than a Rough Rider, and it comes with factory Cerakote finishes.

Currently, the only real advantage the Rough Rider has over the Wrangler is the option to buy one with a both a .22LR/.22WMR Cylinder, and I imagine that won't last long.

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Administrator
40,646 Posts
I think I still want one. My Ruger Single Six has the two cylinders, so that's covered. I don't rely on others opinions much, concerning things I think I want. Prefer to make the judgement for myself. If I don't like it, I can always sell or trade it.

First, I gotta find one, and fondle it! :D

·
Premium Member
13,656 Posts
There's a reason the Single Six is higher priced. It's worth it.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
35,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a reason the Single Six is higher priced. It's worth it.
Maybe. For the price of a single six, or nearly so, I bought a .357 new model Blackhawk convertible complete with 9mm cylinder. I can handload 9mm for only a few cents more than .22 per round and I'm paying for lead now days. When I belonged to a gun club, I got range scrap for free. I have two .357 Blackhawks and a .45. I have the single actions covered. So, having my RR is icing on that cake.

Still, I might spring for the Wrangler. I'll just shoot my 9mm Blackhawk before I get a single six.

·
Super Moderator
20,091 Posts
Personally, I've all but decided to get one for my mother as a Birthday present. I got a Heritage Arms Rough Rider for my father a few years ago and my mom loves it, so I was going to get one for her as well, but the Ruger Wrangler looks really nice, doesn't cost much more than a Rough Rider, and it comes with factory Cerakote finishes.

Currently, the only real advantage the Rough Rider has over the Wrangler is the option to buy one with a both a .22LR/.22WMR Cylinder, and I imagine that won't last long.
I just read the article and gotta say I’m impressed.

Since it is built on the same frame as the Single Sixes, would their 22 WMR cylinder work?

·
Super Moderator
35,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just read the article and gotta say I’m impressed.

Since it is built on the same frame as the Single Sixes, would their 22 WMR cylinder work?
My guess is, maybe, but it'd probably have to be fitted by a gunsmith. I can't say for sure, though. I'm betting Ruger has a cylinder for it soon, especially if all it takes is adapting one from a Single Six. :D

Reactions: daytonaredeye
1 - 7 of 7 Posts