Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have posted a few time on the 24/7 sub-forum - I have a PRO in 9mm ;D

Well, I just got back from the gunshop/range, and I bought a Taurus PT1911 :D I will pick it up next week somtime. I have been drooling over a getting a Taurus 1911 for somtime! Now I'll order some new grips - I think I'll go with the Pachymer ALS ;) and some SS grip screws..

I also want to change out the trigger with a SS one from Ed Brown, While I'm at it, a SS Grip Safety, SS Thumb Safety, SS Slide Stop, SS Barrel Bushing....Man this doesn't end :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats on your new toy! As a suggestion, if you do change out the trigger do a search on this forum about it. Cimaron made comments about what else you will need to swap out along with the trigger. You might already know what to swap out, but if not I hope that info helps.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's, can't wait to to put some round through her. After reading endless posts (here and other forums) and seeing pics of guns with mods, I think I will hold off on changing anthing just yet. As nice as the Pachmayr ALS grips are, It seems they might be a little large (grip size increas). Maybe I'll go with some slim wood grips.

I have been reading about gunkote, this might be an option - it seems to be very durable and is available in 'brushed stainless'. If I go this route, at least i'll be using the same parts that came with the gun (no fitting).

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new PT1911!
Fun and addictive are two fitting adjectives for them.
:D

Many of us here have swapped out the factory grips in favor of something else. Mine wear a set of Hogue wraparounds now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok.... also in Smithtown - a store called sportsman they are selling pt1911 for $549.00. Not bad - right?! Anyway....
we also go to that shooting range. do you know of any practical shooting club around or better yet some class(es) about practical shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts