Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just picked up my first gun today! it's a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm

Can't wait to get to the range. it's a 10 rounder (NY) I tried filling both mags, and it was pretty tough, is this normal - I mean it's hard to get a round in the mag 9th and 10th rounds are really hard to get in, will these mags break-in over time?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes it's normal for the mags to be very stiff at first. It took me several shooting sessions before I could get all 12 rounds into my .45 mags.

·
32,586 Posts
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=544.0

This should help with the loading one round at a time. Pistol magazine loaders save the thumbs from trauma and make loading easier and quicker once the basics are gotten down. Local gunstores or on line places like Midway, J&GSales, Cheaper than Dirt, Dillon Precision, or Ruger have these and are cheap for the most part. ADCO makes cheap servicable loaders as well for just about every make and model.

With magazines it is recommended that the mags be loaded to full capacity and then left to rest for a few days. This will help break them in.

And congrats on the purchase. Of course now we expect a mandatory range report. Skip the mandatory part. :) But we'd like feedback on the firing the gun when you do get to take the 24/7 out for it's break in.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's, I think I will order the UPLULA from midway(backordered). But I did load the mags and left them for a few day's, and today I went the range- and it was much easier to load the mags. :)

This is my first hand gun, so I have nothing to compare it too. I used winchester 9mm 115 gr FMJ (100 round value pack) Very nice to shoot, and accurate - rounds went were I aimed. I shot at 5,10,15,20,25. No Problems with the 220 rounds. I wore a pair of mizuno black leather batting gloves(with padding in the palm) very nice! I shot 3 rounds bare handed, and I had some hand shock in the 'v' between my thumb and pointer finger.

I did shoot 20 rounds of WWB 115 GR JHP.they shot accurate and no problems feeding
I Love this thing and will be going to the range tomorow again( I stopped by walmart today and picked up 3 boxes of the WWB.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you love to shoot, buy in bulk... 1000rds at a time is usually a little cheaper. Wolf and Blazer ammo is fine to shoot, it is some of the cheapest ammo you can find for range plinking. Try some online stores if your comfortable buying online, I buy alot from Cheaperthandirt.com. I shoot ALOT, so I buy in bulk :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's, I Think I will be shooting alot, at Walmart, I pay $15.72 a box of 100 WWB 115gr FMJ - That seems cheaper than some online sources.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello PT 24/7 fan; 8)

Just got my PT 24/7 Pro 9mm in 17 round mag last December '06 and till now, I consumed around 500 round of different type ammo and it took me only 6 FTF situation in lead tip rounds, but in FMJ and JHP! no problem at all. A 2.5 inch group shot in 25 yards... Just love this baby kicks.

Enjoy Shooting!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Get yourself one of these and you will never load another mag at the range with out it

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=952670

I know there is not a picture just trust me order one or 2! they are awsome!

here is how they work

he is not a pro thats been using it for years making it look easy. It is that easy. After loading 4 or 5 mags after I bought one I was as fast if not faster then the guy in the video

Oh and on a cleaning tip... I have been telling everyone I know about the Bore Snake it works wonders for cleaning out the bore after a long trip to the range, you can pick those up at MidWay also while your at it

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=584235

·
Registered
4 Posts
If MidwayUSA is still on backorder you can go to ADCO Firearms. I got the UpLula for $24 plus $4 priority shipping. Received in 2 days. MPanova, I thank you and my thumb thanks you for recommending this!! I love this little device for my 24/7 and my PT111.

Al

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Glad I could help.

You also might be able to find the loader on gunbroker.

If you want some nice inexpensive range plinking 9mm check out Monarch SP? at Academy, last time I checked they had the 50 round boxes for $6.99

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've shot several of the Walmart, Winchester 9 mm in my 24/7. Never had a problem. It is cheap ammo but you can shoot lots of it without killing your wallet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts