Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,
After the wife paid for a Saiga 7.62x39 for me for my 30th birthday last October she has now decided she wanted a center fire rifle as well. So on friday we went to our local RFD and picked up another Saiga (2nd hand). This time in .223. She's made up as it isnt as heavy as my 7.62 with a rail system on. We got a great deal on it because he couldnt find the mags for it. But he had a scope rail, POSP scope, Spare ribbed top cover and a spare set of Israeli furniteure. Plus a bag with variouse Saiga bits (extra saftey and a bunch of springs, cleaning kits ect). I just orderd a couple 10 round mags tonight so it looks like we will be off to the range with it next weekend. As its .223 I think its going to be more accurate than my 7.62 so it looks like i might get beat if we have a competition though :/. Plus the RFD said if he finds the mags we can have them :) fingers crossed they turn up

Rgs

Chris

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Good for you but now for this you have been around long enough.
:nopics:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corrado,
Im pretty lucky that way. I only shot airguns for years before I met the wife. She was ex-army and ex-navy wren reserves. She had shot more fullbore than me. When we met she hadnt shot for 3 years but after a year shooting airgun with me we joind a local club. Now 5 years down the road I help out at the club and do stock refinishing ect at a local RFD's. I intend to open my own RFD's in a couple of years but im just learning machining and saving my money as its expensive

Mines the gun on the right 7.62x39 and hers is on the left .223. I managed to get a couple mags on order for her so hopefully we should be down the range this weekend. Havent fitted her scope yet as she wants to try it iron sight first (good luck to her with that one) :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ah, so that's where I went wrong, ex forces eh? Never thought of that!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Very nice, thats one lucky gal!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Corrado,
Im pretty lucky that way. I only shot airguns for years before I met the wife. She was ex-army and ex-navy wren reserves. She had shot more fullbore than me. When we met she hadnt shot for 3 years but after a year shooting airgun with me we joind a local club. Now 5 years down the road I help out at the club and do stock refinishing ect at a local RFD's. I intend to open my own RFD's in a couple of years but im just learning machining and saving my money as its expensive

Mines the gun on the right 7.62x39 and hers is on the left .223. I managed to get a couple mags on order for her so hopefully we should be down the range this weekend. Havent fitted her scope yet as she wants to try it iron sight first (good luck to her with that one) :)

A really nice addition to the long gun arsenal in your household. :thumb:

Reactions: Steyr

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Good job Chris.. A happy wife makes for a happy life...

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Very nice pair, guns too! Thanks for the photos.

·
22,034 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I know a lot of people that would like to make that trade.

Oh.. Nevermind.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It shoots well, The wife likes it. I did a rebuild for her a while back, fitted the Houge green glowing furniture and a HK bolt handle. Also got the Dinzag bullet feed kit as well

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Good Job got to keep the Missus Happy

jhp

1 - 19 of 19 Posts