Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded a buddy my old Beretta 32 auto and cash for a Ruger Redhawk double action stainless 7 1/2 inch barrel 44 mag. Have not shot it yet but boy it is a pretty impressive hunk of steel. Can hardly wait to get to the range. :)
Harry

·
Registered
579 Posts
Let's see some pic's !!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

Sounds like you did very well in that trade and your [new to you] Redhawk should last a very, very long time.

And ditto what muttmutt said regarding the pics. :D

www.rugerforum.net

·
Registered
959 Posts
harryk,... Sounds like a Finger Lick'in Good Deal... Give it a Lick, and tell us if it tastes like Chicken...!!!...???

·
Registered
846 Posts
For a guy that was just asking about reloaded awhile back you ain't doing bad harryk. They are a good gun. Congrats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,
I have never took a digital picture before tonight. My wife got a cheap camera free and you guys motivated me to try it. I got a picture, loaded the software, and downloaded the picture to the computer. Now the big question. How do you go about posting it on this forum. Thanks for the help as I am learning all kinds of new things on this forum. Very nice group of folks here. ;)
Harry

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Redhawk Harry, though being a Ruger how could it not look good? The beautiful thing is it'll perform even better. Going to take it out for some range time in the near future? :D

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
harryk said:
Not a great pic, but I can't believe I figured it out without help. :) :)
Harry
For a free camera I'd say thats a pretty good picture.

With the weight of the gun and that longish barrel I don't think that the recoil will be that bad IF the gun/grips fit your hand. I put it this was as I discovered that Smith N frames (in my case a 629 aka large frame 44 magnum) don't work with my hands but a small frame 357 doesn't bother me.

Steelheart

·
Registered
579 Posts
Harry, Very nice. Let us know how you like it after the range!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took it to the range tonight. Only 33 foot range but grouped at about 4 inches. Very impressed with this guns accuracy. With practice I am sure I will be able to get very good groups. Definatly gets attention at the range. Let a young guy shoot it and he was all grins. I think this is my favorite gun now. At least until the next one. ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can tell by your post that you had a pretty good smile going on yourself. I love to hear someone with great results with a new gun. ;D

·
Registered
64 Posts
A 44Mag with a 7-1/2 inch barrel... wow! That's not a revolver, that's a hand cannon!

I bet it is a blast to shoot - literally and figuratively!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Second time out at the range. Down to 2.5 inch groups now. I do enjoy shooting this gun. ( and yes I was grinning) :)
Harry

·
Registered
212 Posts
Harryk, you don't mind if we call you......Dirty Harry......seeing how you got that big .44 mag?

I know what you're thinkin' punk, you're thinkin': "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum; the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question, "Do I feel lucky?"... Well, do ya, punk?!

Gotta love Clint Eastwood. :D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
kingofwylietx said:
Harryk, you don't mind if we call you......Dirty Harry......seeing how you got that big .44 mag?

I know what you're thinkin' punk, you're thinkin': "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum; the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question, "Do I feel lucky?"... Well, do ya, punk?!

Gotta love Clint Eastwood. :D
They just replayed that movie this week here on cable! I walked in just as that scene was playing. Seeing your post brought a smile to my face! Yeah, I thought about it because, THE JUDGE if your looking down the barrel at that huge cylinder looks even bigger than the 44's I have seen. No I do not think I am Dirty Harry, but the point is well taken,

"BIG IS SCARY IF YOUR LOOKING AT THE RECEIVING END"

Maybe that is why I love that huge hunk of Mat Stainless, and I do love to shoot it also.

.45 or .44 gee whiz, who needs a 454, or 500 unless your gonna kill elephants or very large bears.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts