Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a PT1911 for about 6 weeks. Loved the way it shot, but I didn't like the out of the box grips. Invested the major sum of $20 in Hogue wrap arounds and they fixed the only thing I didn't like about the pistol. Switched to the Taurus after shooting my GP100 in DA. Between the new grips, trigger transition and my shooting the first few rounds went a couple of inches low at 15 yards. The rest started making a big hole in the 10-ring. A guy dropped by the range and we started jawing about 1911. He kept dropping names like Kimber and talking about accuracy. He finally noticed the shootNsee target down range and got real excited about the Taurus.

Lucky day for Taurus' reputation. I was shooting better than usual after the BF's with the trigger. The PT1911 seems to make it easy for scattershots like me to look tolerable.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It's a great gun, I've had mine for sometime now. I can't make myself get rid of the factory grips yet, I want to... just haven't done it yet :)

I ordered some cheap mags from Cheaperthandirt.com (like $6.00-$8.00ea. and they work just fine, got a few McCormick 10rd mags just for fun too).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts