Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mail man dropped them off today. They sure change the look of the gun. Thicker than factory plastics, I guess I'll get use to it. Decocker on left side does not work due to shape of cut out... a negative for me. I use the right side anyway. I think I like um

·
Super Moderator
37,251 Posts
Lighter in tone than mine. I didn't notice them being thicker and in fact kept looking for an answer as I really didn't like the OEM plastic. It must be the contours of those wood grips that makes the difference...plus I really like the feel of the checkering.

Yours look great on your pistol!

Reactions: DDDWho

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
New grips always come with the possible need that minor fitting may be required. Yours apparently need that where the decocker is, so it will work. They look good!

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Look good.

But, maybe I'm not seeing the problem. What is wrong with the cut out that you can't use one side of the grips? Nice thing about wood is it can be altered as to fit and finish as long as your taking away material. Adding material get to be a little more involved.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look good.

But, maybe I'm not seeing the problem. What is wrong with the cut out that you can't use one side of the grips? Nice thing about wood is it can be altered as to fit and finish as long as your taking away material. Adding material get to be a little more involved.
As you throw the decocking lever on the left side it hits the wood just before where it should release. You can only see it with the lever swung down.

·
Super Moderator
37,251 Posts
As you throw the decocking lever on the left side it hits the wood just before where it should release. You can only see it with the lever swung down.
Send them back! You should get replacements by August!

Seriously, maybe a light touch with a Dremel might remedy it...but you don't want to hit any of the flat surface..just the "ridge"...maybe mask off the flat that presents itself toward you. I would send him a note...he may offer a discount.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
So a little sand paper or dremel time and your good to go....right? Depending on how deep the stain went into the wood grain you may need to adjust the finish.

I have received a pair from Altamont that required some material removal due to the cut out on the backside of the grip not being deep enough and not allowing the trigger bar to move.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Send them back! You should get replacements by August!
I sent an email yesterday describing the problem. The seller gave me my money back. That helped ease the pain.

·
Super Moderator
37,251 Posts
I sent an email yesterday describing the problem. The seller gave me my money back. That helped ease the pain.

Wow...he's a good guy.

Reactions: DDDWho

·
Registered
17,459 Posts
New grips always come with the possible need that minor fitting may be required. Yours apparently need that where the decocker is, so it will work. They look good!

Always irritating when a new product doesn't work. Looks like his problem has been solved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts