Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. First time owner, went with the G3C. Any suggestions from anyone as far as maintenance, storage, ammo, etc? I have the safe taken care so I am really just looking for maybe certain things with regards to the G3C that maybe I don't know about yet. Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
36,475 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I really like my G3C and want to put another couple of hundred down the pipe to be sure of it for carry purposes. My prior one, the G2, ran very well. If new to firearm ownership or even just handguns, I strongly suggest a firearms safety course to gain familiarity of the gun and shooting techniques. If you always follow Cooper's rules of gun safety, you'll never have a bad situation occur.

Reactions: lmichael

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have both G2S and G3C. Like them both a lot. The 3C seems a touch more ammo fussy and had a pretty hard time to get defense ammo to get into the pipe. Going quite well now though but for my carry I have still been kind of defaulting to my 2S. Once the 3C breaks in a little better I will likely use it more as my heavy clothing EDC and default to the 2S when I am running around in shorts and T-Shirt come more temperate months. Congrats in a great gun though

·
Registered
36,479 Posts
HMMM?
welcome to the forum and there is normally a little booklet (manual) that is included with a new firearm that tells you exactly what the answers are to the questions you ask..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HMMM?
welcome to the forum and there is normally a little booklet (manual) that is included with a new firearm that tells you exactly what the answers are to the questions you ask..
Yeah, it obviously came with a manual but thanks. Just trying to see if there are any little tips or info anyone has come across from actually having it.

·
22,542 Posts
Welcome aboard! Unless I'm mistaken, the conventional wisdom around here is that the G-family (from the PT-111 to today's G2/3/C/etc models) are reliable, accurate pistols that are easy to live with. If you've got some semiauto handgun experience, you'll find them free of surprises, except for how well they do their job at half the cost of a lot of other manufacturer's products. The compulsive modification crowd head over to lakelinellc.com before they've even broken it in to get their farkles and accessories, but you can pull it out of the box, fire a few mags through it to get to know it, and depend on it for years if that's how you roll. Use whatever cleaner/lubricant you want, feed it with whatever you can get (it's 2021, after all), and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
hi Dad and welcome. good to have you here. nice buy, makes excellent carry. suggestions:: more ammo, mags (and a CCL). when the time is right for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Dad and welcome. good to have you here. nice buy, makes excellent carry. suggestions:: more ammo, mags (and a CCL). when the time is right for you.
Thanks for the welcome. Haven't even fired it yet. Gotta grab a cleaning kit and give it a nice oiling before I do that. The three mags it came with are probably going to be all I'd need I think. This will be more of a range toy than one for defense but it's capable of filling that on the checklist as well. I've used the G2C before and by all reviews and stuff this seems to be even better.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! My question: Were they on backorder or were you able to get it fairly quickly? Taurus makes a great product. I'm happy with my G2 and 709!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome aboard! Unless I'm mistaken, the conventional wisdom around here is that the G-family (from the PT-111 to today's G2/3/C/etc models) are reliable, accurate pistols that are easy to live with. If you've got some semiauto handgun experience, you'll find them free of surprises, except for how well they do their job at half the cost of a lot of other manufacturer's products. The compulsive modification crowd head over to lakelinellc.com before they've even broken it in to get their farkles and accessories, but you can pull it out of the box, fire a few mags through it to get to know it, and depend on it for years if that's how you roll. Use whatever cleaner/lubricant you want, feed it with whatever you can get (it's 2021, after all), and enjoy.
Thanks for the welcome and reply. I'm excited to have it. Was deciding between this and the G3 but the local FFL only had the G3 with 17 round mags that are pinned since NJ is no fun. Didn't like the way it looked with the larger magazines so I went with the G3C from a larger store here in NJ. Don't regret it for a second though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the Forum! My question: Were they on backorder or were you able to get it fairly quickly? Taurus makes a great product. I'm happy with my G2 and 709!
I was able to pick it up right after my NICs cleared. It was ordered on a Sunday and picked up that Friday.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

Reactions: Dad2728

·
Registered
7,091 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
As part of initial inspection and cleaning, I also polish the feed ramp and clean up throat/barrel with a RemRodz and lapping compound. Honestly, buy a box of this and that in multiple grains and see what shoots and functions the best. Personally the Federal HST micro 150 grain functions great with POA on the mark. I did have the black nitride done on my factory and love the look. Had it engraved while I was at it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's the best synopsis I've seen for a new G3C or gun thread. OP, G3C is a great gun. Solid choice.

Reactions: lmichael

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the best synopsis I've seen for a new G3C or gun thread. OP, G3C is a great gun. Solid choice.
Thanks! It sure seems like it. Everyone's love for it, well almost everyone, on this board and YouTube are kind of what led me in that direction. Still haven't shot it, but cleaned it all up this weekend and oiled it. Looking forward to getting it to the range. I went last weekend with a friend and shot his Arex 9mm (very nice for anyone looking) and a Ruger 22. Looking forward to using my Taurus next time.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Our G3C and G3,out shoot our Glocks as far as accuracy,No FTFs or FTEs .Just Clean the firearm well and it will serve you well .Now over 350 rounds thru it .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts