Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Been registered for awhile but haven't owned a Taurus until now. Ordered my new G3C yesterday. Paid a bit more than I wanted but needed to get it while they were still available. Read and seen impressive reviews on this pistol...hoping it is everything it is said to be!! Truth be told, I am planning on replacing my carry gun (Walther PPS) with the G3C.

DP

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Welcome!

I think you will find the G3C is a good value at just about any price. I have a pt111 G2 that I bought in 2013 for about $335, long before they were available for far less and I haven't regretted it yet. With the improvements that have been made to the G3C I would happily pay a similar price for one now if I needed it.

Also, we like pics here and we expect you to send some of your new gun when you get it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Academy Sports near me is selling the G3C with a Veridian trigger guard laser for $330. That's a hell of a deal in these days of gun and ammo shortage as the MSRP of the G3C is $305 and the laser is $135.

·
Super Moderator
38,253 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. I'm watching for the sales to begin, probably the beginning of the new year to buy one. Once I do, I'll put my G2 SS up for sale...or not. ;)

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just bought my G3c yesterday with the Academy deal Total was 351.34 out the door. Cleaned it today and boy was it dirty. Hope to get to the range soon.Will report when I do. Can not do pictures sorry. Now looking for a good comfortable appendix carry holster.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,452 Posts
(y)
Remember to let us know how the two of you get along at the range.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well if it works as good as my G3's then it will be very good.
The finish and sights are suppose to be way better and hopefully it is as accurate as any single stack.

·
Premium Member
13,659 Posts
I have a PT140 G2, two G2C pistols and now I went and talked myself into ordering a G3C. I should really stop listening to those little voices in my head.

Reactions: bigC

·
Premium Member
13,659 Posts
Funny thing is that when I ordered the G3C it was $34 more than the larger G3. I'm sure I'd shoot the longer barreled pistol better, but I'm much more likely to carry a shorter barreled pistol.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Congratulations OP! I have the full size, and if that compact shoots as well as my full size, you'll love it. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts