Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new G2G from my LGS about half an hour ago. I have to say they really oiled the gun at the factory. I like the crisp break and short reset of the trigger. That trigger takeup space is going to take some getting used to. Can’t get to the range with before Monday, but when it opens at 10AM I will at the door. I have to say it is a very nice pistol.

Anyone with advice on what a good number of rounds is best for breaking it in?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Engelsstaub

·
Administrator
40,388 Posts
I always feel 300 to 500 tells me a new gun is reliable and broken in, and ready for carry. But that's just me.

Reactions: Engelsstaub

·
Registered
142 Posts
Picked up my new G2G from my LGS about half an hour ago. I have to say they really oiled the gun at the factory. I like the crisp break and short reset of the trigger. That trigger takeup space is going to take some getting used to. Can’t get to the range with before Monday, but when it opens at 10AM I will at the door. I have to say it is a very nice pistol.

Anyone with advice on what a good number of rounds is best for breaking it in?
I own 3 taurus pistols, and for every one I got all that factory oil off, cleaned and re-oiled before firing it. I may be a little OC, but I think oil used for shipping and storage is not the same quality as what is meant for active use...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I own 3 taurus pistols, and for every one I got all that factory oil off, cleaned and re-oiled before firing it. I may be a little OC, but I think oil used for shipping and storage is not the same quality as what is meant for active use...
I ageee. I spent an hour cleaning up the oil. It was all over the slide and frame. Then a proper light coat of oil wiping up any excess. Ready for the range.

Reactions: darbo and Czechbikr

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have never bought a gun that was full of oil and needed such a cleaning, odd but OK. As far as break in, I like to run 100 of 115 grain, 200 of 147 grain and then a hundred of 124 grain and that is what I stay with at the range.

·
Super Moderator
37,621 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! Let us know how it runs.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I have never bought a gun that was full of oil and needed such a cleaning, odd but OK. As far as break in, I like to run 100 of 115 grain, 200 of 147 grain and then a hundred of 124 grain and that is what I stay with at the range.
With Taurus guns it isn't all the unusual to be soaked in the heavy packing "crud" they use. I have 2 PT1911s and the first one was thickly coated with the stuff. The 2nd one not so much! I don't remember my PT709 being one way or the other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts