Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
9,101 Posts
Sorry can't answer the holster question. Congrats on your new G2C, they are great pistols.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats on purchasing the G2C and looking forward to a range report.

But sorry, I can't help you with the holster question either.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Yeah, don't know much about the holster situation, but I bet you'll like the G2C!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I think it will.
I have a PT-111 G2, and I recently got a G2C.
The G2C fits into my G2 holster perfectly.
Isn't the PT-140 the same size as the PT-111?
If not, let us know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the Pt140 is just a tad loose in the level 2 holster thats for the 24/7,so if the G2c is a little bigger it wont be an issue. The holster I have is a Blackhawk Serpa and it said it will fit the 24/7 and the pt111 g2, so it should fit the g2c as well

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked it yesterday, not had a chance to shoot it yet. Tornado came through our area Wed and just now got power back. The G2C is a bit smaller in width compared to my PT140, but fits all my holsters perfect. The accessory rail on bottom of pistol pushes it up a bit to make a better fit in the Blackhawk Serpa.

Pic of pistol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so the pistol shoots great, feels good in the hand and seems like a very well built firearm. My only gripe at the moment, is the finish on the slide. Have only removed the pistol from the holster maybe 10 times and finish is already showing a lot of wear. Maybe not wear, but the finished it getting pretty well polished in some areas. May not be that big of an issue. If it is, guess I'll just touch it up with a rattle can.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so after 3 weeks of owning this pistol, there is already signs of rust on it. The most noticeable spot, is on the rear of the slide and a bit on the safety and slide lock levers. Might strip it down and blue it. Other than that, pistol is great.

You can see the brownish tint on the rear and levers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have had my g2c since december 2018, carry it daily all day long and it doesn't have any rust issues. i do wipe it down every night with silicone oil cloth and store it out of its holster as i carry leather.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do we know what the slide is made of? It will probably look distressed pretty quick. I like the look personally, but not the rust to follow the exposed parts.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure what the slide is made from, but after letting it soak in some oil and rebuffing the slide, it looks more like a black chrome. I put like 5 applications of the blue on it and it never got to that dark black color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts