Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
41,850 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Shot 2 magazines Saturday. Had 1 Misfire with Winchester White Box. The first magazine had zero misfires. Only the second time I have shot a magazine with no Misfires.Just now shot another magazine with Federal American Eagle. It's the first time I have used this ammo. I had one misfire. Here is the pic of the misfired round. Doesn't look like it was hit???
Nope, no strike. Either slightly out of battery or something in the firing pin channel. You can flush out the firing pin channel with a product like GunScrubber or even brake cleaner. Either will do. Afterwards, don’t lube the pin and channel.

·
Registered
37,957 Posts
I bought the pistol at Rural King. I talked to Taurus , they want me to send it to them. There paying for shipping . Does it really take 12 weeks to get it back.
depends--repair times were all over the place.
Mine ran from 10 days (a TCP) to 9 weeks (1911), this was both repairs , if it gets replaced then really hang on!

·
Registered
37,957 Posts
*Update* Went to the range. My friend (very experienced shooter) shot my G2C 60 times, zero misfires. I shot it 48 times. I had 3 misfires. Sounds like it's me and not the pistol? He helped me with my grip and stance. With a little more practice I should be able to rid of the misfires.

defective human!!
are you still under warranty by chance?
keep working on it.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
*Update* Went to the range. My friend (very experienced shooter) shot my G2C 60 times, zero misfires. I shot it 48 times. I had 3 misfires. Sounds like it's me and not the pistol? He helped me with my grip and stance. With a little more practice I should be able to rid of the misfires.
Limpwristing perhaps?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Limpwristing perhaps?
Good Post --- Interesting. Perhaps that is Randy's problem.

As far as returning to TAURUS (after exhausting other possible causes than the gun) - I had good experience with a Spectrum sent back once for fail to fire (pull trigger extra times to fire a round, it is double action gun), and then the spring that holds the lock back lever down broke or came loose (locked back during operation).

Anyway, it works good now (No Failures) and items to return were as I remember 8 weeks first time and less the second time (4 weeks I think).

·
23,951 Posts
It took 3 pages, but Smokewagon finally said what I was thinking while reading this thread. Gunk in the firing pin channel was my primary thought, but limp wristing is possible too.

Taking the pin out and q-tipping the firing pin channel is best. But you can also take some brake cleaner, put the little tube in the nozzle of the bottle, and set the tube against the firing pin hole in the breech face. Blast it out. A 3 or 4 second blast should be plenty to clean it out. Now, brake cleaner is pretty harsh, and it's going to strip the lube from several places in the slide as it sprays around. So you're going to need to replace that lubricant. There are two approaches. You can spray the underside of the slide, and leave the firing pin channel dry. Personally, I like the dry lubricants made by Remington or Hoppes. About a one second spray in the firing pin channel, same setup you used with the brake cleaner. Then Spray the underside of the slide, and anywhere you saw the brake cleaner coming out.

Also, a good cleaning on the rails in the frame, and on the rail channels in the slide is in order as well, just to make sure they are set up for success. Several folks have mentioned the possibility that the pistol isn't going completely into battery, and given that photo of the untouched primer, that's possible. Also check the breech end of the barrel for any burrs. Maybe something is catching and that's keeping it from going into battery occasionally.

Do all this, grip it like you mean it, and I bet it will run flawlessly.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Could you provide pictures of the primers of the misfired brass and of the brass that fired. I have had numerous fail to fires using the White Box and have never used Blazer.. A good cleaning my do the trick...
View attachment 445547
Winchester White Box is the only ammo that I've had any failures to fire with. I get about 2 percent failures (1 out of every box of fifty). All hard primers.

Since I stopped shooting Winchester White Box, I haven't had a single misfire or misfeed or failure to eject in thousands and thousands of rounds through three guns. Interestingly, I have zero problems with Winchester Train and Defend loads.

I shot a box of Blazer brass last week...no problems. Also no problems with a couple of boxes of Herter's brass.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Randyc159 it almost sounds like you are not allowing the trigger to fully reset. Maybe get some snap-caps (dummy rounds) and practice your grip and trigger control while watching TV.... I do this with all my new firearms just to get familiar with the weapon. I believe the G2C trigger may have side load issues in some cases. The video explains the possible problem....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts