Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this as my first gun and an issue right out of box. I loaded an empty magizine and released it and the magazine release button and pin fell out. I was able to reassemble that after watching a video. Seems to be working now but don't know if it will happen again
Also, the model number on the bottom says its a "PT 111 G2" But the slide says G2C, which is what I ordered. From what I understand the PT111 were recalled. Is this a major issue I should be worried about?

·
32,573 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.

No, you do not need to worry as it is the Millennium Pro models, that have not been made for some time, are what were recalled.

The G2Cs are completely different models than the Pro models.

I own two G2Cs, one used and one new one which are fine pistols and serving well.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
An inauspicious start, but welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got this as my first gun and an issue right out of box. I loaded an empty magizine and released it and the magazine release button and pin fell out. I was able to reassemble that after watching a video. Seems to be working now but don't know if it will happen again
Also, the model number on the bottom says its a "PT 111 G2" But the slide says G2C, which is what I ordered. From what I understand the PT111 were recalled. Is this a major issue I should be worried about?
Was this a brand new gun?

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
Sounds like "new", old stock or reconditioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it was advertised as new (from palmetto state armory. I left them a 2 star rating and they removed it. I have sent it back to taurus for repairs on the magazine spring and button.

Edit: I didn't mention it before but it's the stainless steel model .

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems this is an old common issue resurfacing. I picked up my new G3c 3 weeks ago. Took it to the range a week later with my wife and while she was shooting it, the mag dropped. When she cleared it, the mag release button fell out along with the release spring. We never saw the release spring again. I called Taurus that day and was told they needed to request the part number from "upstairs" and they'd send me another spring at no charge. Thumbs up to customer service that day for making me feel like they were on it. I called today to check on that and was told "because this is a new gun, that part is on back order and is coming from Brazil. We do not have an ETA on when we'll have it."

I was under the assumption that with the new factory here in Ga, and since my gun was assembled at the Bainbridge, GA factor, there would be parts here already. I loved it for the 25 rounds I put through it. My wife maybe put another 10 or 15 through before this happened. Hoping they can get the spring to me soon. I'd hate to end up having to send it back within 4 weeks after I got it and with only 40 rounds through it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts