Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I came across this forum while searching for info about the issue I am having with a new G2C. First, I have a relatively new G2S that works flawlessly. Second, I'm new to semi-auto handguns having owned revolvers in the past. Third, any insight you may be able to offer is much appreciated.

My issue upon first firing the G2C is a failure to properly feed the second round fired. It is lodging in the chamber feed ramp or in one case partially in the chamber. I've loaded both mags and left them overnight, lubed the firearm and plan to return today or tomorrow to test.

Thank you,
badgenes

·
Registered
24,498 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Check the feed ramp for roughness. It may need polishing. That is all I have.

·
8,328 Posts
Welcome aboard. The G2C's typically are known for feeding almost any ammo. But you may want to try a good brass factory load to be sure. Polishing feedramp is a good idea, also could be a bad magazine.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvanis & Florida ! Now as for your newley acquired G2S ! we have one also,after thourough cleaning and range time It has been noticed by other shooting ours that they experienced same issue you have,we attributed the feed issue to limp wristing and grip control.After others shot our same gun I did another 50 rounds flawlessley.I would recommend a Hougue Slip On Grip under $ 8 for better control and practice being more aware of possible limp wristing. Our G2S feeds all ammo that we can get .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses! I don't have the issue when firing my G2S, just the G2C but I will look into the limp wristing issue. I'll strip it and compare feed ramps between the s and the c this evening, taking it back to the range tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois. Good idea to load the mags and let them sit for even longer than a day. Those new springs can be stiff. I hope that it starts to run well for you.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Limp wristing is more likely with the G2S and its narrow grip, so I doubt that's your problem. I would give it a good cleaning - paying special attention to the feed ramp and chamber, take the magazines apart and clean them, then lube the pistol. I would be very careful about polishing the feed ramp. Lots of barrels have been ruined by attempts to polish the feed ramp. If the feed ramp is obviously very rough that could be the problem, though. Also try a different type of ammo. You may have run into one that the gun just doesn't like. That happens with semi autos, but in my experience it's pretty rare with 9mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the advice and kind words. I will finally be taking it out today and will report back the results. They've now say almost 48 hrs with full loads and its lubed and running smooth (when racked by hand at least).

badgenes

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You might also take the magazines apart and look for anything that might be hanging up the spring or slide.
Give them a light lube, or use a dry lubricant on them.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My G2C in 40S&W had FTF issues constantly, so I replaced the recoil assembly with a Lakeline one and it seems to have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for all of the advice and kind words. I will finally be taking it out today and will report back the results. They've now say almost 48 hrs with full loads and its lubed and running smooth (when racked by hand at least).

badgenes
anything to report?

·
Registered
20 Posts
One thing I didn’t see people recommend, the barrels are interchangeable between the G2S and G2C (if both are the same caliber) you could try swapping barrels and guide rod see if that resolves the issue and you could rule out the barrel if it doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts