Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new 9mm stainless G2 on layaway tonite and wondered what i need to be concerned about if anything to do with ammo it likes or any problems i may see down the road. I was going to get a S&W Shield but couldn't pass the price on the G2. I held one last year and loved it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought i put that it was PT111, sorry. Are there any good aftermarket night sights available also?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have two 9mm Tauri, 24/7 Pro CDS and 24/7 G2 standard. They digested all the factory 9mm FMJ & JHP brass ammo with no problems so I would say the PT111 G2 also would not have problems with the factory loads either.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
You made a great choice in the G2. Mine eats any ammo.... brass and steel and aluminum case FMJ15 grain and 115 and 124 grain hollow points from Winchester and Hornady.

All you need to worry about is according all the ammo you will need and trying to explain the big grin after every range session.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pretty much the only game in town for the (rear) sights is the Advantage Tactical sights. They cost a pretty penny tho. The stock sites are perfectly adequate tho.

One good thing about the Advantage sights is they come with a dovetail adapter for the rear sight so you can put other dovetails in there if you want and have the $$. Of course, buying a g2 might mean you do have some left over. ;)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
wish I knew what the delay is on getting a millennium pro pt145 G2...
It happened before and I think history just repeats itself. Taurus had the Milliennium Pro in 9mm and .40SW out for quite a while before the PT145 Pro appeared. I believe Taurus wanted to make sure they had fixed all bugs in the PT111 & PT140 before releasing the PT145. Just like it took a year after Taurus introduced the PT111 G2 before the PT140 G2 started to show up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you are worried about night shooting just do like I did and put a laser on it. It has a short rail and the ArmaLaser GTO I have on works great. Just draw the gun and it turns on, don't have to push any buttons. It is very bright, you can see it in the daytime also. Enjoy, it is a great gun.
IMG_20140805_112921_783.jpg

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I would not worry about anything until you get it in your hand on the range and start shooting it. Not trying to be a [email protected]%#, your worries should have been dealt with before you ordered the thing. I am sure it is going to do well when you get it in hand.:thumb::thumb:

Reactions: relrobber

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think my PT640 is my only semi-auto pistol that I've never had any feed issues with. (My collection is very small, so take that with a grain of salt.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info all. I have a small collection consisting of a TCP, Glock 37, Rossi .357mag snubbie, CZ 52, and an 1893 Colt SAA with all matching #'s & assorted rifles & shotguns. I feel i'm fairly well versed & have had my cc permit for 8 years. I'm hoping to make this G2 the workhorse of the group so i thought i'd ask a few questions since its new to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts