Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 9mm G2 in. First order of business was to spend some good father and son time stripping the new piece down and cleaning the manufacturing goop out of all the little crevices and cracks it gets into. My 9 year old was very intrigued. This is his first exposure to a handgun, so I took special pains to drill him repeatedly on the four basic rules of firearm safety. We got the G2 cleaned up and put back in its case for the first trip to the range.

No one who shoots can be unaware of the current ammo situation and its causes, both direct and indirect. I have some Federal and Hornady rounds on the way from two sources, but I had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I was calling on a client and spent some time with the warehouse manager. He's a retired Navy Guy and we always share war stories when we visit. I saw a Barska Electronic scope sitting on a shelf behind his desk and asked him about it, and we began talking about shooting, and I told him about my new 24/7 and we commiserated about the ammo situation. He surprised me by pulling a green surplus ammo box out from under his desk. He reached in and gave me a box of Prvi Partizan (PPU) 115 gr. FMJ target ammo made in Serbia. He said he had shot over a thousand rounds without any difficulty, although I've read some mixed reviews.

Anyone had any experience with PPU ammo?

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My PT 111 eats it up. Not bad ammo..and the price is right (especially in your case).

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Anyone had any experience with PPU ammo?
I've been using it in a couple of ComBloc pistols. No problems with either the 9x18 or the 7.65x25 I've used. Both calibers I've used have been ball ammo (FMJ) and it's not particularly hot, but it goes bang every time.

I wouldn't hesitate to use 9mm. YMMV.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! Keep that Father -Son time going! I have had a few hard primers with PPU ammo (in a different caliber) but it is great for range ammo.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I think its better than the bulk Winchester, there is a thread on it somewhere here.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doh! Should have searched the forum first. Thanks for the feedback - I'll try to hit the range this weekend, will post a review on both the new G2 and the Prvi Partizan ammo.

Thanks again!

·
Administrator
18,113 Posts
Prvi Partizan (PPU) ammunition is GREAT stuff.................if you can get it! The Brass is quite reloadable, too!
I would not hesitate to use it.

Have shot alot of it in 5.56mm/.223 and wish I could find more.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've shot the 9mm PPU ammo through a PT111G2 and a couple of Ruger pistols without a single failure in any of them

·
Registered
120 Posts
My local Walmart had some in .380. It shot just fine. Not even dirty eithereither

1 - 13 of 13 Posts