Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I'm a member in a few other forums, but I recently aquired 3 Taurus wheelguns, and they are the only wheelguns I have.
Been looking for auto caliber revolvers and I stumbled on to some and couldn't be more pleased with them.

Two model 455's, 45acp, 6" and 2".

And I also have a model 905 9mm revolver not pictured.

·
32,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to see another "wheelie" gun fan. Nice collection you there, too. Those should be good for dealing with two and four legged varmints.

Handgun hunting with revolvers has never gone out of vogue though there may be some who think so.

And the two legged varmints are " in a heap of trouble" if they show up. ;D

For our sake and others, how do you like the 9mm. 905? And are the moonclips ok for loading and unloading. Not to mention getting the empties or full cartridges seperated form the clips.

Most of us have little or no knowledge with the 9mm. version so thought to ask.Could be there is not that much difference between moonclips in 9mm. and .45ACP to make much of difference.

Know a lot of people who swear by the .45ACP versions and have good reason to.

The internet is awash with criticism of the 9mm. revolver version, but I do not really think that it is warranted.

Too many people have little no experience with these at all and should leave well enough alone.
The 9mm. is just as, if not, slightly more potent than the .38 Special in some loadings without the kick of the heavier stuff.
Have to admit to having a 85CH in .38 Special though. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you with us!
Very nice revolvers too I'd like to add. I have a .357 Tracker and it's one of favorites to shoot.

If you'd like, you can post the pics of your revolvers in our gallery section as well.

Best Wishes :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the gracious welcome. The 905 is a little powerhouse and accuracy is much more than I had hoped. For the life of me I can't see the dislike of the 905 on the net. The cases are a bit of trouble to clip in and out, but you do that at home at your leisure. After they are clipped and you are carrying them, changing moon clips is quite fast, faster than a speedloader with some practice. When at the range I don't even use the moonclips at all, I just pull the cases out one at a time with a flick of my fingernail. Too much range time with the 905 does tend to sting the hand a bit however. ;D Very snappy.

·
Administrator
40,819 Posts
Welcome from another Texan. Maybe this forum should be called Texas Taurus Armed.Net.
Just kiddin' moderators, but there's just so darn many of us here. :guns:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome from another Texan. That snubbie looks like it might be fun to shoot. ;D

Did you have any dealings with a leather crafter from Paris named Jim Burke? I had purchased several of his sob type holsters and wondered what had become of his business after his death several years ago. He did outstanding work at a fair price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard the name, but had no dealings with him. I've been here about a dozen years. I'm a native of Ft. Worth.
Yep, that snubbie is a honey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.