Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself, I am a new gun owner and I have recently purchased a Taurus 709 slim. I have yet to fire this one but I'm hoping it will be the beginning of a wonderful relationship :D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:wave:Welcome to the finest firearm forum on the web.:thumb:

I’ve spent countless hours here at TaurusArmed.net during the past three years researching, reading, and learning about Taurus handguns in particular and about firearms and firearm safety, handling, and maintenance, in general.

Many is the time when I’ve drooled over the handgun pictures which, routinely, are posted when a member acquires a new shootin’ iron, and have actively participated in good-natured debating about politics and how to solve the world’s problems :icon_rolleyes: with our great forum members and staff. :icon_ poke:

In short, the hours I’ve spent here at TaurusArmed.net have been hours that have greatly enriched my life and my overall knowledge base on a myriad of topics.

I sincerely hope you will enjoy your membership here as much as I am enjoying mine.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome BonnyTheBull from little ole New Hampshire, I too own the 709 Slim SS, it is pleasure to shoot and Congrats on this fine choice of Firearms!

Reactions: BonnyTheBull

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the nice welcoming. I am really looking forward to exchange thoughts and ideas. Well as experiences and just pure knowledge with what seems to be a tight and organized community :)

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Being new to firearms is exciting, but before you shoot that new 709, please take the time to field strip it and give it a good cleaning and lube job. They come with preservative inside them that, without cleaning, will gum up the action and cause failures. I love my 709.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Howdy, and welcome from Dallas, TX!
Congrats on your new 709 - I love mine!
Be sure to clean it well and lube lightly before you get to the range.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Blue Yellow Text Photograph Colorfulness Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from Indiana! Being new to firearms is exciting, but before you shoot that new 709, please take the time to field strip it and give it a good cleaning and lube job. They come with preservative inside them that, without cleaning, will gum up the action and cause failures. I love my 709.
Im glad you have mentioned this too me because I was wondering why it had came with so much fluid on it. The first this I had noticed when holding it for the first time when I got home was that it was real moist around certain parts like the between the slide and the barrel and all over the mag. It almost seemed like grease and I was worried it would gum up, I'm glad I can clean it because I was thinking "maybe it's supposed to be like that". I'll make sure I give this lil guy a good cleaning as soon as I look into how to properly do a thorough cleaning job :) thanks again budd

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts