Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I just Bought my first Revolver. I bought a .38 Spl, I've only shot Pistols, shotguns and rifles before. I bought the Taurus on the recommendation of the dealer I buy from, who has sold me countless firearms over the years. I do have a question, I bought a M85UL 2 1/2 ss. I can figure out the 2 1/2 is the barrel length. I found the serial number on the box. IThe box also has a 2-850039UL on the box. Is this the Model number? I want to fill ou my registration card and send it in. I looked on Taurus's website and in the owners manual, but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Thanks

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio. It's good to see another buckeye. The serial number should be stamped on the frame of the revolver.

Reactions: dethzero

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I am not a Taurus revolver aficionado, but I am pretty sure that the UL stands for Ultralight. Congrats on the new handgun.

edit to add: the box should have the sn number, but the frame or barrel will have it stamped also. Show off a photo of that new wheelgun!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello from Piqua Ohio. It's good to see another buckeye. The serial number should be stamped on the frame of the revolver.
Hello from Dayton Ohio. Piqua eh, I have a buddy who was originally from Kettering that lives up there now. I had no problem finding the serial number, I'm looking for the model number, which is clear as mud on the box?? Serial number is stamped on the and barrell!!!! Yeah always good to see a fellow Buckeye on forums, I belong to a few, have a S&W, 2 Rugers and a Hi Point .45 semi auto. O-H-I-O

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I am not a Taurus revolver aficionado, but I am pretty sure that the UL stands for Ultralight. Congrats on the new handgun.

edit to add: the box should have the sn number, but the frame or barrel will have it stamped also. Show off a photo of that new wheelgun!
Thanks, my Mom is grom the Great State of Illinois, Jolliet I believe. The serial number is stamped on the Frame AND barrell. I need to find the model number. Yes it is an Ultra Light, haven't shoot it YET, will today or tomorrow!!!! Thanks again for the welcome, will post some pictures in a bit

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Central PA.
Thanks, have friends who live in the Burbs of Philly. Of course I'm familiar with York, cause that's where my Harley was built!!!!
Thanks again for the welcome

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, just foubd a place on Taurus's website, where if you enter the serial number, it gives you the model number..DOH!!!! It's model number 2-850039UL, and it is an ultra light, but my gun dealer told me that. Thanks for the welcomes

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome from Central Pa!!!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Dayton Ohio. Piqua eh, I have a buddy who was originally from Kettering that lives up there now. I had no problem finding the serial number, I'm looking for the model number, which is clear as mud on the box??
The office I work out of is in Kettering.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Welcome from Texas, The recommendation from your gun dealer to start your handgun learning experience with a revolver was a good one, This forum can provide you with all the Tec. support and knowledge you need with your revolver as well as your auto loader

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts