Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new from Missouri new to firearms in general I purchased a 24/7 g2 compact any suggestions to make sure it stays firing great

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Mule. Let me be the first to say: clean all the factory grease out before taking it to the range. Can't go wrong with Hoppes. But lots of folks (including some of my arsenal) are liking CLPs like FrogLube. No matter what: clean it out before taking it for a test drive, you'll be glad. Other than that, feed it and fire it. Welcome!

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
Welcome aboard from another citizen of Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Howdy neighbor - from the east coast, StL!!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: Ditto on cleaning the grease out of your new pistola! Scrub it out well, then lube, but don't overdo it. Make sure the barrel is completely free of grease and completely dry before you fire it. And do follow the four safety rules:

1) Treat every gun as if it is loaded,

2) Keep the gun pointed in a safe direction at all times,

3) Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to fire at your target (or, as it is known around here: Keep your boogerhook off of the bang switch), and

4) Never point your gun at anything you are not ready to destroy.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Felix

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome from the Tampa Bay area - Florida's Sun Coast!

I, too, am new to firearms and I can tell you that researching this forum's previous posts and active threads will keep you on target (literally and figuratively). Start with this sticky FAQ (
What to do with a brand new gun?) and move on from there. Have fun!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,320 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
And a hello and welcome from West Tennessee! I hope you enjoy your 24/7 G2 as much as I do mine!
My 24/7 G2 has been flawless at firing from the beginning except for a slightly gritty feel to the double action part of the trigger pull. I found the main culprit and applied a fix:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/s...pull-possible-culprit-remedy.html#post1290640
Since then it's been as smooth as butter. Mind, a thousand rounds down the pipe will give similar results!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome to TA! Great choice with the 24/7! I have a 24/7 gen 1 and it's awesome! Good maintenance will keep it going strong. Keep it clean and oiled, but don't go over board with the oil. Don't worry about putting rounds through it and getting it worn in either. Practice practice practice. The gun will almost always shoot well, its the shooter thst you have to worry about. Keep your mind strong and always be hopeful =)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh and don't forget to join the NRA. They do so much for us and they are one of the reasons why you were able to buy your Taurus!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia.. Always keep it clean and lubed..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to TA from Georgia. Best advice, keep it clean.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts