Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to say hey from Florida. I have a 24/7 ss40 that my wife is taking over since getting her into shooting, which is giving me opertunity to get my 1911 in about a week or so.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you're able to join us from sunny Florida. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Hello there RKRS. Welcome from another Floridian. I'm in Pinellas County, and do most of my practice at Bill Jackons in Pinellas Park.
Jump in. Enjoy.

·
32,614 Posts
Weclome to the forum. our 1911 and 24/7 fan clubs are two of the biggest here. :)

If the wife and yourself are into shooting then reading the FAQs,old threads, and new ones to come up to speed are recommended.

Now for some assigned homework besides that already given. :D

www.corneredcat.com has much useful info for the women or men. Good resource to go over when one has the time.
Also, there is www.womenandhandguns.com
Even if one has been shooting for awhile there is still good info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello all! I'm a newbie from the Orlando area. Been shooting since January with my 3rd gen PT145 Mil Pro and lovin' it. No problems to date.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Teezum2003, glad you could join us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, Taurus_9mm. Actually I do have a question. I'm a little unsure if my PT145 is actually 3rd gen or not. The left side of the slide says, "Millennium" and the right side says, "PT145 Pro". On the Taurus International site, the picture of the PT145 which is described as 3rd generation says, "Millennium Pro" on the left side. I've put through about a thousand rounds so far with no major problems. I've read plenty of posts here about the slide spring popping through the front of the slide, frame cracks, and numerous FTF's and FTE's, etc. I've not experienced those types of issues (so far) and also make sure to keep the gun very clean and oiled. Thanks for any help and advice you can provide.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
teezum2003,

We probably have some resident members on the forum who are knowledgeable about the PT145s and how the generations vary but on that subject I am not absolutely certain. I am reading a few posts however trying to make that determination, though I hope the ones posting it are correct. If not though, I'm certain one of our members here will set things right.

From what I'm reading though on another forum board, a poster there says they own a 3rd-Gen PT145 PRO and that those 3rd Gens all have the accessory rails. Another poster on another forum states that if it has PRO rollmarked than that's also a 3rd Gen. I really need to familiarize myself more with this particular branch of the Taurus family tree. :)

The more I read, the more it does indeed sound as though you have the 3rd-Gen. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Taurus_9mm, you are so kind to have researched this.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You're very welcome teezum2003, glad to be of service. :)

·
32,614 Posts
Just for giggles guys. There were modifications done between batches or runs of guns. My PT111Mil/pro is actual 3rd generation, but has the 3 dot sights. Whether and when this was done I cannot be sure.The Hieine Straight 8s sights came out real early after my pistol was manufactured.

That's what surprised me when not a few months after I purchased my gun, the forum members started talking about the Straight Eight models.

When some companies make minor changes a numeric number is added to brand the type of change or when it took place. Taurus doesn't do that. Might not be needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello RKRS and welcome to the board! I'm in Jax, FL and do my shooting at Gun Gallery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome. By the way, I do most of my practicing at Tenoroc in Lakeland or Indoor Shooting Co in Tampa.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts