Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Just joined the forum. Picked up a used 627 Tracker "6.5" and have enjoyed it so far! Primarily using it for target and hoping to hit longer distances for range fun. Definitely were a few qualms I had, but I did do some work and would love to share it with you all!

I also own a few other firearms, namely a 686 plus in 2.5" as my EDC.

Custom built AR9 for the fiance (and me for training courses xD) and a Cajunized SP-01. I've traded too many times to get to the arsenal I have today.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
40,398 Posts
Welcome from West Texas!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
:) Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!

·
8,986 Posts
Well howdy, nice to have you aboard. that exact model is on my list of wants over the next 6-8 months. Just waiting for that magic price point, then will leap. Let us know how yours performs.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hey all!

Just joined the forum. Picked up a used 627 Tracker "6.5" and have enjoyed it so far! Primarily using it for target and hoping to hit longer distances for range fun. Definitely were a few qualms I had, but I did do some work and would love to share it with you all!

I also own a few other firearms, namely a 686 plus in 2.5" as my EDC.

Custom built AR9 for the fiance (and me for training courses xD) and a Cajunized SP-01. I've traded too many times to get to the arsenal I have today.
You can carry in Chicago?
I thought that was illegal.
By the way welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Welcome from northern Illinois!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can carry in Chicago?
I thought that was illegal.
By the way welcome to the forum.
You can legally CCW. However... If you look at the prohibited areas you'll find that you can't carry at many places in Chicago. I have yet to go to a shop that does not prohibit firearms either. Neighborhood festivals prohibit them as well. x.x... Feels like I can only CCW on the streets tbh. But that's where it matters most as of now. The walk to the car, in the car, and the walk back to the home... xD I'll be moving out of the very soon towards the suburbs.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
You can legally CCW. However... If you look at the prohibited areas you'll find that you can't carry at many places in Chicago. I have yet to go to a shop that does not prohibit firearms either. Neighborhood festivals prohibit them as well. x.x... Feels like I can only CCW on the streets tbh. But that's where it matters most as of now. The walk to the car, in the car, and the walk back to the home... xD I'll be moving out of the very soon towards the suburbs.
You and most other smart folks are getting out of the city. Too many negatives to outweigh the pluses. As I understand it there are still no gun stores in the city limits and no shooting ranges, if you don't count Englewood, Back of the Yards, Lawndale, etc. :mad:

The state is still running a backlog on getting FOID and CCW permits approved. It was a surprise that they combined the FOID with the CCW for those who qualified for carry permits. As of now, I still need to carry both cards.

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You and most other smart folks are getting out of the city. Too many negatives to outweigh the pluses. As I understand it there are still no gun stores in the city limits and no shooting ranges, if you don't count Englewood, Back of the Yards, Lawndale, etc. :mad:

The state is still running a backlog on getting FOID and CCW permits approved. It was a surprise that they combined the FOID with the CCW for those who qualified for carry permits. As of now, I still need to carry both cards.
I'm glad that there's a backlog at all! Just shows that more residents are taking defense more seriously. Couldn't tell you how many people I've met in the city proper that "felt" like it was unnecessary... x.x Yet here we are... Deadly weekend after deadly weekend. Fortunately (or not), I'm in Garfield Park. They tend to be more into drugs then they are violence, but one neighborhood over, we're in Austin and that's where it gets rough. Last year was quite a spectacle in the neighborhood for me.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm glad that there's a backlog at all! Just shows that more residents are taking defense more seriously. Couldn't tell you how many people I've met in the city proper that "felt" like it was unnecessary... x.x Yet here we are... Deadly weekend after deadly weekend. Fortunately (or not), I'm in Garfield Park. They tend to be more into drugs then they are violence, but one neighborhood over, we're in Austin and that's where it gets rough. Last year was quite a spectacle in the neighborhood for me.
Austin has been rough a long time. In the late 80s, they would find a body a block west, and following week a body to the east down the same alley.

I have a friend and back then some druggies we’re trying to break into his family’s apartment. His dad fired off a .38 spl snubbie and they were tripping over each other to get out of there. His dad was a diabetic and they may have been trying to get in to get needles.

Things probably haven’t changed as far as violence, but it’s in the news more now. Wicker park and Garfield park have changed a lot.

And I’m still waiting on my CCL renewal…6 months now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts