Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Taurus and also my first pistol today. I paid $250 for a new 709 Slim, having a friend at the gun store is nice sometimes. I joined the forum mainly for tips on good magazines and holsters for my gun, and maybe some info on my next purchase. I'm thinking a Model 66, 357 Magnum.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. I own a Model 66 and it is my favorite among the Taurus
revolvers that I own. I would highly recomend it, it is a tackdriver!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,720 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Greetings from Plano TX. Welcome to the best forum on the Internet.

Watchout, Taurus guns can be habit forming, and you started with a good gun.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas. Congrats on the 709 and as for the M66 I have one thats it in my sig pic. It is awesome and is super accurate, alot of people I talk to that have one or know about the M66 call it a tack driver and it is. I love mine. You wont be sorry if you choose the M66 357 Mag...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hello, AceCamper, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here! I also have the 709 Slim, and it is my favorite CCW. I recommend getting the Hogue Jr. slip-on rubber grip, and Pearce or Garrison magazine extensions for extra pinky support (fot mine, and the Hogue grip on Amazon). Check out the many threads on the 700 series subforum for a lot of good info. I posted on putting on a Glock night front sight with some modification, since Taurus doesn't make one. Check it out. Also recommend a Cross-breed type IWB holster - a local guy makes them for $45 shipped - specific for the 709. Here is his contact info if you want to check it out: Dustin Osborn IWB holster info.....Ozark Holster Co.....417-840-7385.... [email protected]

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense handgun classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, for when you are ready to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the PT709 Club from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire, I owned a 709 Slim too am sure you will be very Happy with it!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I just bought my first Taurus and also my first pistol today. I paid $250 for a new 709 Slim, having a friend at the gun store is nice sometimes. I joined the forum mainly for tips on good magazines and holsters for my gun, and maybe some info on my next purchase. I'm thinking a Model 66, 357 Magnum.

Congratulations on your first Taurus handgun and welcome to TaurusArmed.net.

The PT709 Slim should serve you well. Many people on this forum own it and trust their lives with it every day.

I carried a PT740 Slim for about eighteen months and felt very confident knowing it was on my side.

Also, I recently acquired the Taurus M66 .357 Magnum blued revolver and am loving it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL. MO!!

·
Registered