1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
693 Posts
I saw my first one yesterday. It was WEIRD! I don't plan to ride without myself, but I suppose it's nice that now there's an option for those who want it.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw my first one yesterday. It was WEIRD! I don't plan to ride without myself, but I suppose it's nice that now there's an option for those who want it.
I believe that most of the time I will ride with a helmet on also but when stuck in a slow moving "parade run" on a hot day now I have the option of removing that noggin cooker....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
While I wouldn't probably ever ride without one (and I don't ride, last time I did was in college when a buddy taught me on one of his old bikes) but I fully support the right of adults to make their own choices!

I've been kicking around getting one though... we have so many good days for it around here...

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been kicking around getting one though... we have so many good days for it around here...[/QUOTE said:
Got to be carefull here, motorcycles are like pistols an puppys, the moment you pick it up ( set on it ) ya gotta own it......:D

1.1 USA.gif

·
10,379 Posts
Got to be carefull here, motorcycles are like pistols an puppys, the moment you pick it up ( set on it ) ya gotta own it......:D

View attachment 25837
And they usually invite friends after a while. I'm finally back down to one bike, but, for a number of years had 6 of 'em in the garage...all of 'em fighting to see who'd get to go out that day.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts

View attachment 25837
Yeah but I need another addiction to take my mind off my 1911 addiction... and my airplane addiction... :D

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I've never been big on motorcycles, but my stepson loves them. I think wearing a helmet
should be left up to the individual. In North Carolina, helmets are required if you are riding
a motorcycle or a four wheeler on state roads. You can't even ride in the back of a pickup
truck in many of our counties that have large urban populations anymore. Whatever
happened to letting the people decide what is right for them, as long as it does not harm
our fellow man?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
We are supposed to wear "headgear" so I wear a baseball hat with the brim removed. Never been stopped for it. The article stated folks thinks deaths will go up. Usually in states that repeal the helmet requirement deaths go down, not up. The extra insurance is BS also. More folks in cars get head injuries and are uninsured than on a bike. Tourist revenue goes up in those states as well.

Sarge

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
but when stuck in a slow moving "parade run" on a hot day now I have the option of removing that noggin cooker....
I like your choice of words,"noggin cooker". Like a kind of portable "crock pot!" (LOL)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I support the right of the people to decide w/o excessive government intervention to protect them from themselves. I DO ride (off & on for over 30 years). When I was leaving church one Sunday, one of our younger police officers commented on my riding gear. I told him when I was his age, I was indestructible & didn't need the jacket & gloves- I always wore a helmet though (Florida law made it optional many years later). Nowadays I ride with All The Gear All The Time. I have a 3 season jacket & a heavy one for winter. I ride in anywhere from 18 to 100+ degree weather here. Heated gloves & an ear/neck sleeve for winter are all I've needed. One thing I have never gotten was riders in <40 degree weather w/o a helmet. The need to keep my head & ears warm outweighs any liberty statement.

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Good, glad to see someone restoring some personal rights. I for one, if I rode a motorcycle, would wear a helmet. That's what makes this country great, personal choices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts