Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that TaurusArmed has a new format, I think a new selction of forum categories is in order. The forums that we have need updating, and some need to be eliminated. For example, "Harry's Corner" was a nice thread for its time, but Harry passed two and a half years ago, and the last entry was his obit in Feb 2019.

Other threads for models of guns are too confusing, and in some cases obsolete. The Spectrum not lived up to the hype it had at its unveiling; and some of the newer models are not represented (ie. TH9 & TH9C). I might suggest that the categories could be separated into the caliber of the round fired (ie. 45ACP, 9mm, .380, etc). Once the caliber has been selected, further categories could be chosen from (9mm - G2C, G3, TH9, PT-92, etc).

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
17,052 Posts
Are you kidding me? Who decided the old format needed done away with?

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
I made a disparaging remark concerning the look of this new format. It was locked shortly afterward. I view this forum like my favorite tavern. I'm confortable here with my friends. Well today, there was a huge remodel, and as I enter, I feel out of place and uncomfortable here. The site owners have given me a learning curve just to sit down. They do own the site and they have given us a choice, their way or the highway, I wish them and my friends the best of luck. I won't let the door hit me on the way out.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, the old format was better. The questions I have for this new forum are:
1. How do I send a private message?
2. How do I update my message if I see it needs a correction?
3. Where do I go to get answers to these questions?

I guess the old format was just too simple. Now this forum is as complicated as all the others. Sad.

·
Administrator
35,122 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Some of the categories might be re-organized a bit but overall the content will stay the same. I seriously doubt Harry's Corner will go away, at least right now. Some things will move here or there. Probably nothing major right now though.

I'd say that you should give the changes a chance. Cricket (admin) has put an extremely detailed instruction in this same forum and if you bother reading it, you wouldn't be asking questions like how do I get to my PM, how do I update a post, etc. etc. Read what she posted, ask smart questions, and give it a chance. If you don't like it, well, nobody is forcing you to stay.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
How do I get the entire forum to appear ? Under Range, the Lounge and Politics do not appear.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cricket (admin) has put an extremely detailed instruction in this same forum and if you bother reading it, you wouldn't be asking questions like how do I get to my PM, how do I update a post, etc. etc. Read what she posted, ask smart questions, and give it a chance. If you don't like it, well, nobody is forcing you to stay.
Thanks for the courteous reply, Tex.....NOT!
I would like to read Cricket's instructions,...IF I COULD FIND THEM!
People that build websites always think theirs are totally intuitive, when they are not.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I'd say that you should give the changes a chance. Cricket (admin) has put an extremely detailed instruction in this same forum and if you bother reading it, you wouldn't be asking questions like how do I get to my PM, how do I update a post, etc. etc. Read what she posted, ask smart questions, and give it a chance. If you don't like it, well, nobody is forcing you to stay.
Actually, it's in a different sub-forum, the "Site Help and Support" sub-forum. THIS thread is in the "Website Development" sub-forum. If you're gonna be snarky, at least be right.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Administrator
35,122 Posts
PM sent.

Sent from my extremely smart phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Huh,...it appears that texastaurusgut sent me a private message.
Now if I could only figure out how to read it.

·
Administrator
35,122 Posts
No, I sent the PM to DoctorDeere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts