Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I ordered Fobus holster for my M85 last Monday because I have owned them before and like them. It was supposed to arrive here on Thursday. In the meantime, I found a leather Tagua paddle holster for about $25 more and was going to go back and get it as soon as the mail ran. Well, the Fobus came today,1 day sooner than expected, and after putting it on and wearing it, it is a great holster. Just don't know about the plastic rubbing my SS. what do you all think? All my other guns have been blue or black and carry in a Fobus. I may have to go get the leather one next week and keep this one too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
t&H1.jpg Should have put this in my other post. My M85 in the Fobus.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How concealable are these? I always see them online but I have never found a picture of soemone wearing it. I am thinking about picking one up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just need a sweatshirt (not a short one) or a jacket. As long as it;s hangs down to your pocket.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have one. I find it sticks out a little to much for ccw. A simply rugged silver dollar pancake turned out to be a better option. The fobus is good around the house/property though.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
A little large and bulky to wear concealed but can be pulled off. Keep in mind concealed means to not see the firearm when on your person. A buldge on the side of your pants while covered is still a concealed buldge. It is easy and quick to slip on, slipping off is another story as it does hold itself in place very well. It also holds the pistol in place, no worries of it slipping loose. Haven't experianced any issues of finish wear on either the stainless, blued or magnesium finshes on any of the pistols. This may be due to the more rounded corners and curves of the design of the M85. I do have a Fobus holster or two that do result in wear marks on a couple of semi auto pistols on the flat surface areas.

My favorite M85 holster is one I picked up off of Ebay. An all nylon moulded belt holster with retention strap. I believe I gave around $10 for it brand spanking new shipped from overseas. However this Ebayer has discontinued selling on Ebay.

Of course molded leather would be nice also.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I like them. Use one every day

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wife has the same one. No problems on the finish after a year of having it. She wears it on the bike and its always been secure. She can care less if anyone see's it under her shirt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts