Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I finally got my sights in from NOVAK they got held up in a snow storm in Ohio. I read the sight 101 article on their site and followed their instructions and followed them closely it took some filing on the back side of the rear angle but got them to go in last night and finished the rear sights this afternoon they are low profile fiber optic adjustable sights can't wait to get my PT 1911 45 to the range adjust them and try out some of the new loads I've made up in the last few weeks. It seems to be warming up some so I'll try to get out this week hopefully.

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
Congrats ! I think you'll like those, my Springfield XD Mod2 has fiber sights and I love them.

When I bought my PT1911, I bought tritium Novak sights for it, and I love them. That gun is 10 years old now, and the sights still glow. Not sure how long they will last, but hopefully it will be a while longer.

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
I always thought the fiber optic sights were gimmicky, and had no interest. A pistol I bought came from the factory with them, and I love them. I've been thinking lately, I'd like them on some of my other guns. I'm sure you will love yours.:thumb:

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
I like fiber optics really well.
the exception is on my purely carry weapons I use Tritium sights due to possibly being out in near total darkness and needing to use the weapons.
Personally the Lime green fiber rods are my favorite, I think I have changed every red optic rod to a lime greeny.
old eyes see fiber optic better than standard dots.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
37,584 Posts
I had the front fiber optic on the PT 111 G2 that I sold and keep thinking about putting one on my SS model of that gun. I love the way that they light up even with a dim light.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well now that I have everything mounted fitted fixed and bullets adjusted to shoot I've been waiting on the weather and now it seems I have a upper respiratory infection so now everything including me is on hold but I do love fiber optic sights and the rosewood grips. It kinda helps personalize it to me I didn't like the black plastic grips.
While I'm down I'll try to figure out the picture posting thing again so to the Mods be easy on me

·
Super Moderator
37,584 Posts
Well now that I have everything mounted fitted fixed and bullets adjusted to shoot I've been waiting on the weather and now it seems I have a upper respiratory infection so now everything including me is on hold but I do love fiber optic sights and the rosewood grips. It kinda helps personalize it to me I didn't like the black plastic grips.
While I'm down I'll try to figure out the picture posting thing again so to the Mods be easy on me

Take care and don't mess with that illness. It goes into pneumonia real easily. A friend of mine is hoping to get out of the hospital today after a week where it was touch and go if he was going to make it at all.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Just a reminder, Rule #2 of the 1911 is to mod the cheaper part first. In other words, don't file the dovetail, file the sights. Sights are much easier to replace than a slide.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Personally the Lime green fiber rods are my favorite, I think I have changed every red optic rod to a lime greeny.
old eyes see fiber optic better than standard dots.
Green is the most accurate and easily seen color by the human eye. In the "old days", at least, the majority of visual information in the television signal was carried by the green channel.

·
Super Moderator
37,584 Posts
Green is the most accurate and easily seen color by the human eye. In the "old days", at least, the majority of visual information in the television signal was carried by the green channel.

Now you tell me...when I broke the original red bar on my TruGlo because the screw was too long I bought a couple of feet in red in the same gauge...I now have a lifetime supply of the wrong color.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I like green fiber optic the best also. Actually I like the green fiber optic on the front sight and a all black rear sight, I pick up and align sights the quickest setup that way.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The new sights from Novak came with green fiber front sights and red dead the william s i bought for my PT 840 came the same way

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
I like green fiber optic the best also. Actually I like the green fiber optic on the front sight and a all black rear sight, I pick up and align sights the quickest setup that way.
I am on a fixed income so I have no rear Fiber optic sights at all.
I really don't care for a lot of dots, glows, etc actually, its confusing for an old man, plus I never really look at the rear sights anyway.
I got a Springfield officers model I carry occasionally its got a Warren tactical rear (wide notch, all black) and a trit on the front.
I really like that as its extremely quick on target (you know for an old man with slow reflexes) and more than accurate enough with them big old 45 caliber bollets it shoots.

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
Now you tell me...when I broke the original red bar on my TruGlo because the screw was too long I bought a couple of feet in red in the same gauge...I now have a lifetime supply of the wrong color.

Just pick you up some Fiber optic rod dye!!!-----:p
I am here to help and serve!!!!

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I am on a fixed income so I have no rear Fiber optic sights at all.
I really don't care for a lot of dots, glows, etc actually, its confusing for an old man, plus I never really look at the rear sights anyway.
I got a Springfield officers model I carry occasionally its got a Warren tactical rear (wide notch, all black) and a trit on the front.
I really like that as its extremely quick on target (you know for an old man with slow reflexes) and more than accurate enough with them big old 45 caliber bollets it shoots.
Selling bridges in Brooklyn again, I see.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Geez, to help you out, I'd be willing to buy a half inch from you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts