Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I did a lot of research and handling of handguns before choosing the 24/7 as my new and first in .40 (have a few in 9, 32, and .22). Anyhow I was really excited when I first purchased it is a fine looking and handling weapon unfortunately the first trip to the range today was a real bummer! I have a few issues but I believe they are all related. First magazine I had 5/15 no fires looked like light strikes dented the primer but no fire (put them in my brothers Beretta PX4 and no problems) after another magazine with 4/15 no fires and a different brand of ammo the plastic plug thing/dust cover? rear of slide where the hammer would be on a traditional double action goes flying backward, luckily we found it and it snapped back in. I don’t like that it just flew off? not a good start. Anyway after a few more no fires I notice the trigger will not reset into double action after failing to fire in single action the slide has to be racked to reset the trigger again (single action). I am afraid I might have to return a brand new firearm for warrantee and pay the shipping!!! Is it possible something in the firing pin /slide assembly is misaligned and causing the problems, maybe the firing pin is too far back and actually struck/pushed the plastic piece out? I am at a loss? Anyone else have a similar problem? Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd call Customer Service and explain that you just bought the thing and its not working right. If you try enough you MIGHT be able to get them to pay the shipping. Just remember to try and stay polite, CS people get dumped on alot and being nice helps.

Regardless, keep us in the loop so we know how it is going.

Steelheart

·
Registered
790 Posts
Talk to your retailer too, some of the big outfits have a one year policy where they pick up the shipping if it needs to go back to the factory. A smaller gun shop may not do that, but they will be able to send it for you at a reasonable cost. I would call Taurus. They have always been reasonable when I've called down there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I called Sportsmans Warehouse and they said bring it in we will see what we can do, so I will do just that tomorrow. I am going to insist that they ship it to taurus as it was defective right out of the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 608 revolver from Sportsman's Warehouse in Albuquerque NM that was defective out of the box, the cases wouldn't come out of the cylinder wothout some forceful tapping on the ejector rod. They (Sportsman's) do not take firearms back here and instead refer you to the manufacturer. The CS person at Taurus said I had to pay to ship it, FEDEX, for repairs. $108 later it was on it's way. They said to ship it for the $30 rate, but that is without insurance. I wasn't about to send a $600+ dollar firearm without insurance. No one would reimburse me if it was lost. Bottom line is I had to pay an extra $108 for that firearm. I don't think I'll buy another Taurus product.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That transport and repair should be on Taurus. A phone call to Taurus CS about a faulty brand new gun should get you a FEDEX label.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Typically Taurus will pay return shipping to them for a firearm that is under 1 year of ownership , especially if the firearm has been registered with the manufacture (either internet or snail mail), that is not in writing but generally is done that way!
In the last 2 years i have shipped back 2 taurus and 2 berettas and in all cases the manufacture apid shipping, in all cases the weapon was registered with the manufacture, there was really no questions asked, i simply informed them of the problem and asked how "They" were going to arrange pickup to them.
not sure where you live but generally insurance with UPS/ Fed -X is about 1 dollar per hundred, the thing is automatically insured up to 100 bucks free if its worth that amount.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
02-01-2007

Yea I noticed the date when it popped to the top of the listing!
it did kind of rise from the dead didn' it, especially seeing as how it wasn't even a 24/7 that the new Op was talkign about.
LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.