Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a new Crossbreed Supertuck in the mail last week and I couldn't be happier. This holster is comfortable and concealable. In spite of it's awkward looks it wears well and is now my favorite holster. I will be carrying my pt-145 in it and will probably forget that it's even there half the time. Don't worry, I'll remember it's there when I need it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your gonna love it, and even more after you wear it for about 3 weeks.
mine has molded itself to my person and makes my PT145 invisible in work jeans and a loosely tucked T shirt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on the holster. I got one coming for my 1911 and can't wait!

·
Administrator
36,016 Posts
Try her out at 3:00 - makes my Mil Pro just about disappear. :)

My 24/7 Pro also fits mine perfectly too.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3:30, FBI cant is the sweet spot for me.

I told a friend of mine that I was coming over and that I would be carrying. He met me at the door and tried to find it. He looked at both sides, made me turn around and then fianlly gave up. I told him where it was and he still couldn't see it until I showed him. Pretty awesome holster and very, very comfortable. Lovin it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Received mine yesterday and like it alot. Its actually my first and only holster and im pretty happy with it. I bought it pretty much for the 11 oclock position "cross draw" i think it is called but it is rather large to be worn like that so i found that it fits and conceals nicely at about the 3:30 position. I'm also looking for a small ultra lite revolver to carry in my pocket on those really hot days when i dont feel like wearing a holster. Any suggestions? .357 would deffinately be sufficient but i wouldnt mind having a .44 mag if they made one small enough!!

JT

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
247pro

Look at the S&W MP340. A 15oz .357. Good for summer carry because you can stuff it almost anywhere. I keep it in a front pocket in an Uncle Mike pocket holster. Holster molds to thigh after about 3 days of carry. Hard to find a better five banger. Practice w/38spec. Means cleaning each chamber well afterward. Don't recommend practice w/.357. It's a real ripper w/.357's. I figure I'd rather lose a little skin when a threat arrives. I just wear a glove when I shoot my last ten rounds at the range(.357). Love that little gun.

Taurus makes some nice light wheelies, last time I looked. More BG cost effective, too! Not sure if they have a .357 light hammerless though (which I prefer in a pocket situation).

smit

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
One bad side effect I have noticed with my Supertuck. When carried right around the 3:00 position, the molded area for the trigger guard has caused tears in a couple of pairs of my pants. It just so happens that it is right under one of the belt loops. Guess I need to make sure that I carry in the 3:30/4:00 position.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I carry my supertuck @ 4:00 and it is the most comfortable holster I have worn. The only bad thing I ever noticed was it made noises when it was new but after some leather conditioner on it there has been no noise.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ditto on the holster making noise. kind of annoying but its better than not carrying at all haha. Maybe i should just look into buying some leather conditioner? other than that this holster is great!!

JT

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Crossbreed Supertuck just came in the mail today and I have to say, it's much more comfortable than my High Noon Split Decision. The leather backer spreads out the impression of the gun on my hip.

I really like this holster, so far! We'll see how comfortable it is after a few weeks of wear. This is just after two hours around the house.

+1 on the noise

·
Administrator
36,016 Posts
I wish I could say the same for children these days......

·
Registered
36 Posts
After wearing the Supertuck today for ten and a half hours, Missouri humidity and all, I can't say enough good about this holster. I only have about 15 hours total. I've got five times that much in the High Noon. I'll take the Supertuck. Once this holslter breaks in, it will be great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.