Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a trip to Va this weekend and after about 5 miles, i realized my normal cc location in the car wasn't going to work for a long distance trip.

Usually, I just tuck it between the seat and console , but that's for a short trip to the store or what not.

Now, since this is a long distance family trip, there are things taking up space that usually do not ride with me: wife's purse, GPS, extras bags, bag of candy, drinks in the console, pillow between us on seat, camera in console, ipod charging in console and so on and so forth.

If something was to happen, grabbing my pistol would be like a woman grabbing a tube of chapstick out of her pocketbook!

So, when we got to the gas station 4 miles down the road top fill up, I found a new spot:

Virginia Trip 2015 002.jpg

Virginia Trip 2015 003.jpg

Believe it or not, it was very accessible even though it was turned sideways.

·
Banned
860 Posts
Trying to figure out what brand of gun that is (looks like a toy) and what king of car you are driving. Nothing looks familiar to me about either item.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to figure out what brand of gun that is (looks like a toy) and what king of car you are driving. Nothing looks familiar to me about either item.

Taurus PT 24/7 G2 9 mm , Blackhawk holster , 2008 Chrysler Pt Cruiser

Reactions: tucker368

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holster belt clip slipped right into the gap between the under dash paneling and the steering column.
Not to tight, but won't insert in or pull out without you really intending for it to do so.

·
Banned
860 Posts
I don't own either one what threw me off is the red striker on the rear end of the slide and the steering wheel design of the car.

My wife liked the PT Cruiser but I am a General Motors Person.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The red is the cocked indicator. It wasn't actually cocked. First picture camera just took the picture, but when I took second picture, the flash went off illuminating the red indicator. It's recessed deeper than it looks.

I load one in the chamber and put the safety on - relying on first shot to be DA

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have an 07 Cruiser. Great idea.:thumb:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have this problem--- If my guns are out of my safe, they are on me. I use a good IWB holster for each of mine.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
If you like the location, then its a win/win .... me, i'd have to have the grip facing the other way, so i would need a left handed holster. It would need some retention as well. i have thought about this setup for my car, but the cd slot/tray under the radio is about perfect for me.

Creek

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
If it works for you then it works for me.Mine is always on my side..

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Is it completely concealed from view?
Cant see it until you stick your head inside the window.
The angle I took the picture from is about 3" above being in my lap.

edit to add: Correction, the second picture was taken from about 3" from my lap. The first one was taken from above the steering wheel ad basically from where my head is while driving. Still, though, you'd have to be inside the car and lined up with the angle of the steering column to see it.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Keep mine on my side or in a pocket when travelling long distances, but only because my wife thinks the carrying is a symptom of goofy paranoia, and she does not want the kids to see the gun. [Sigh.] Whatever, marriage is full of compromises. She made fun of me in a hotel room once when she saw the little safe. "What good is it if it's locked up?" she asked with a smile. "Nothing," I told her, "but you didn't notice the one in my pocket all day, did you?"

I like your set up, though. Simple and effective.

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
I used one of those under dash holster setups for a while, but a state trooper (my brother) told me he could see it when he walked up to the truck. What I eventually did was attach a holster to my center console just in front of my seat. When I'm in the truck my leg covers the pistol, and when I'm out of the truck you can't see it because of the seat location.

Truck console holster.jpg

I have the seat pushed back for the photo.
I usually carry my Judge in it (saddle gun).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts