Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law gave me this outta the safe for Christmas this year. Its an older model (early 90's I believe) Para Ordnance p14. The story behind this gun is pretty cool. It was part of a collection seized by the FBI in the 90's. It was from a raid on a notorious out law biker gang. My father in law was good friends with the agents who did the raid and was given first dibs on purchasing the collection. No none were used in any crimes, lol I would imagine they would either be destroid or remain in lock up if they were. He was however nice enough to remove the evidence tags prior to gifting it to me though.
Next weekend I will strip the slide and frame and duracoat it a nice flat back. Mods will include a skeletonized trigger, hammer, match barrel and bushing, extended beaver tail grip safety.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Wear adds character to a firearm, I'd leave it as is. Obviously you'll do what you want, that just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice gift! Your FIL must like you.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice, enjoy!

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
I'd maybe go for a trigger and hammer swap, but the finish and barrel i would leave as is. There isn't enough wear on there for me to warrant a finish change, but best of luck to you with it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
What a great gift!

I think the pistol is stunning just the way it is, but if you're going to give it a "face-lift", be sure to post some "after" pics!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya'll kind of have me re-thinking the refinishing part. Good points. Its not like the gun is awefull looking. The pic doesn't show all the wear but it would also be cool to leave it as is. I think I may leave the finish as it. I just love doing gun projects.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If it's project gun then I say go for it, refinish it. I though I might be a carry gun.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ya'll kind of have me re-thinking the refinishing part. Good points. Its not like the gun is awefull looking. The pic doesn't show all the wear but it would also be cool to leave it as is. I think I may leave the finish as it. I just love doing gun projects.
The finish is just part of the great story that goes with the gun. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on you new firearm. Looking forward to the "after" pics.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Very cool pistol with an awesome story! I'd leave the finish as is if she were mine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts