Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Xactly! nothing like high caffeine Coffee!
Well I guess there are better options but those are illeagle.
I have so much already loaded that I haven't been all that busy , as many I am sure got plenty of components to make more though!
Way back when I was in college my professor said smart businesses used "Just in Time" inventory procurement. So I bought primers as I needed them. What could possibly go wrong, right? Here I sit primer-poor. Three presses silenced because I didn't hoard like the rest of my compadres. As Scarlet O'Hara said, "As God is my witness, I'll never be primer-poor again."

Attachments

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
Way back when I was in college my professor said smart businesses used "Just in Time" inventory procurement. So I bought primers as I needed them. What could possibly go wrong, right? Here I sit primer-poor. Three presses silenced because I didn't hoard like the rest of my compadres. As Scarlet O'Hara said, "As God is my witness, I'll never be primer-poor again."
Not rubbing it in or anything but did I mention--I just this morning reloaded 250 rounds of 223 and day before yesterday I reloaded 200 rounds of 380.
Primers are the NEW Toilet paper no doubt!

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The winning bidders in the Remington breakup have been announced.

The Remington Ammunition Plant went to Vista Outdoor, Inc ( CCI & Federal ).

Sportsmanship Warehouse won the bid for TAPCO accessories.

"Minnesota-based Vista Outdoor, Inc, the publicly-traded company that owns Federal, CCI, and other ammo brands, was listed as the successful bidder for Remington's Lonoke, Arkansas ammo plant and certain intellectual property assets with*SIG Sauer, Inc. as the backup. *

Another publicly-traded*company, firearms giant*Ruger, is the high bidder for*Marlin Firearms, which Remington had purchased along with the H&R and New England Firearms brands in 2007. The bid amount listed in court documents is $30 million, a figure that could put Ruger in the lever-action business. Filings include more than 80 pages of tooling, machines, components, and spare parts needed to produce Marlin firearms as well as related intellectual property, patents, FFLs, domain names, social media pages, and trademarks. *

Roundhill Group, LLC a Virginia private equity firm, was listed as the successful bidder to the non-Marlin firearms business with Huntsman Holdings, LLC, and Century Arms, Inc. as the backup bidders. The bid is for the gun factory in Ilion, New York, handgun barrel factory in Lenoir, Tennessee, and related other properties. Trademarks include that of Panther Arms, Halcyon, and Para-Ordnance.*

Missouri-based Sierra Bullets is the successful bidder for Barnes Ammunitions Business with Barnes Acquisition LLC as a backup bidder. The bid includes Barnes' Mona, Utah location.*

JJE Capital Holdings, the investment company that owns South Carolina-based Palmetto State Armory, is listed as the successful bidder of Remington's recently shuttered DPMS black rifle brand as well as the H&R, Stormlake, and Parker brands. Suppressor-maker AAC, likewise will go to JJE pending court approval. *

Speaking of black rifles, Franklin Armory is listed as the successful bidder for the Bushmaster brand. One of the oldest AR-makers in the country, Bushmaster was purchased by Remington in 2006 and has recently been phased out.*

In a surprise, retailer Sportsman’s Warehouse, which recently emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in mid-2009, is listed with the court as the successful bidder for Remington's TAPCO brand of firearms accessories.*"

Don

https://www.guns.com/news/ruger-vista-psa-tentative-winners-in-remington-breakup

·
22,027 Posts
Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Come on, with that combination the answer is obvious. Marger.
I'm just glad a company like Ruger got Marlin. I hope they can get em back where they need to be. An American design and American made, and about the only left in lever rifles.

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts

·
Administrator
17,666 Posts
Some real estate investment group bought out the Remington brand, that can't be good for the 700, and 870 lovers out there.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts