Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I'd love to see the ammo side back in full production! Got guns, just need more ammo.
I didn;t realize that ANY ammo manufacture had cut back on production?
I would think they all are pretty max running flat out right now.

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
A lot depends on November 3rd.

Maybe Taurus will buy the Marlin drawings, tooling and any patents.
1895 Cowboy long barrel please!

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I didn;t realize that ANY ammo manufacture had cut back on production?
I would think they all are pretty max running flat out right now.
You should see the smoke coming off of my two single stage presses!!!!!!lolololol

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
477 Posts
How disingenuous of you to think that you would be disciplined if you said that you would be thrilled if Taurus went belly up.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, my friend. What makes you think my beef is with Taurus? It is NOT with Taurus. It is with another firearm manufacturer. A short time ago I posted about my experience with these jerks. I was the recipient of a PM that explained why my post was deleted. Here's the quote I was told:

"Said post was a strongly worded bash against a <name omitted> that appeared earlier in the thread.

TaurusArmed.net Rules & Regulations #12 prohibits product bashing.

Peace out.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok then, even at our age, it seems that jumping to conclusions is not a good way to get our daily exercise! :rolleyes:

Don

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
Reactions: MoKen and hombre243

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Some real estate investment group bought out the Remington brand, that can't be good for the 700, and 870 lovers out there.

Reactions: Divebum

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
UPDATE: just found another $1.15 to put in the pot Can I be a VP in charge of development please..?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I don't know just how many know or understand just how big Remington is/was. Since I started this thread with the ammunition division I thought I might do some research and share what I found....

The ammunition division is completely separate from the manufacturing sections. It is located in Lonoke, Arkansas. All of Remingtons ammunition (rifle, handgun, rimfire, and shotgun shells) are produced in this one location. The plant is built on 1200 acres of forested land and includes the Remington hunting and fishing club which is only available to employees. Every year employees take deer, hogs, and turkeys from the property.

The plant is 825,000 square feet under roof. They employ 1257 people. They work in shifts. There are three shifts that run five days a week and four more shifts that work seven days a week.

The plant uses 44,000,000 lbs of lead and 12,000,000 lbs of copper.

Much of the equipment used in the production is powered by steam and the plant goes through 400,000 gallons of water a day. The factory includes a small hospital and a trauma suite.

Now, it seems, it has already been called on this forum a great buy for Palmetto at $65,000,000! Now I can see why....

Don

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Looks like ruger bought marlin "Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;" https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/remington-asset-bids-revealed-ruger-gets-marlin-vista-gets-remington-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/?utm_campaign=ttagfeed&utm_medium=buffer&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=ttagfeed&fbclid=IwAR3_WnnPQV6w8zF1OHm3O_lXBH8FLKsfNhNJo7GbV-lB3Ob-UVtrff8-wZ0

·
Administrator
17,667 Posts
Looks like ruger bought marlin "Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;" https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/remington-asset-bids-revealed-ruger-gets-marlin-vista-gets-remington-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/?utm_campaign=ttagfeed&utm_medium=buffer&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=ttagfeed&fbclid=IwAR3_WnnPQV6w8zF1OHm3O_lXBH8FLKsfNhNJo7GbV-lB3Ob-UVtrff8-wZ0

Here is the proper link. Remington is being sold off in pieces. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/r...=facebook&utm_term=ttagfeed&fbclid=IwAR2jNim2

·
Registered
36,085 Posts

·
Registered
36,085 Posts

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
You should see the smoke coming off of my two single stage presses!!!!!!lolololol
Xactly! nothing like high caffeine Coffee!
Well I guess there are better options but those are illeagle.
I have so much already loaded that I haven't been all that busy , as many I am sure got plenty of components to make more though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
From the Wall Street Journal:
Firearms maker Remington Outdoor Co. has agreed to sell its ammunition business out of bankruptcy to South Carolina-based investment firm JJE Capital Holdings LLC for $65 million plus the assumption of liabilities, subject to better offers.
The JJE offer came in the form of a stalking-horse bid, setting a floor on the sale price for Remington’s ammunition business, which the company has been marketing while in chapter 11. Remington filed for bankruptcy protection in July and has been open to selling its ammunition and firearms operations to pay off its debt.
The proposed deal outlined in papers filed Tuesday in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Decatur, Ala., covers the design and manufacturing of ammunition sold under the Remington and Barnes Bullets brands and includes production facilities in Arkansas and Utah.

The proposal must be approved by a bankruptcy judge. It could be opposed by Remington creditors and is subject to potentially higher offers at a chapter 11 auction.

JJE Capital holds investments in a variety of precision manufacturing and firearms businesses, according to its website.

A representative for Remington didn’t immediately respond to a message Wednesday seeking comment.
Huntsville, Ala.-based Remington was in talks to sell itself out of bankruptcy to the Navajo Nation before negotiations collapsed in recent weeks, forcing a chapter 11 filing without a clear bidder in place. The filing marked the company’s second trip to bankruptcy since 2018, when Remington transferred ownership of the business to investors including Franklin Resources Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The latest chapter 11 filing came despite surging demand for firearms over the past several months. The bankruptcy has also threatened a long-running lawsuit against the company brought by family members of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut. The shooter used a Bushmaster rifle made by Remington to kill 20 children and six adults.

Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

21 - 40 of 48 Posts