Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Latest news on the bankrupt Remington Arms..... there has been an offer made to purchase the Remington ammunition division. Who has made the offer, you ask? Palmetto Armory! From what I hear the parent company of Palmetto Armory has placed the cash offer and just waiting to see if it is approved. It's a shame to see the start of the breakup of a long time company...

Rumor has it that it will be rebranded under Palmetto's logo.

Don

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Any other members here want to pool our resources and buy Remington? Seems some of the sweetest deals ever made were made when a well respected gun company was bought for pennies on the dollar out of bankruptcy.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I got a 2 dollar bill, and a jar of pennies!

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
I sure don't mind another gun company buying Remington. Maybe Palmetto will get them out of that sewer of a state they're in and put them in North Carolina.

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Oh, I don't mind it either. As long as the company remains immune to anti firearm interests. Only way you can control that is to do it yourself. My offer is not a joke. I've always got cash to play around with - even within my investments.

Reactions: bigC

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
And that is a great intro question. They've brought back Martin with their dark line being cooler than cool.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I've got $52.48 left over from my last US trip.. think of it this way.. an international 'investor' would look good..
And the 'Inclusive Left' a chance to shout about 'furrin interests'.:p

Odd how their foreign interests and supporters are OK, ain't it?

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
Now keep in mind that we will not only need the cash price covered, but also a cash reserve fund to keep the company afloat.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
Any other members here want to pool our resources and buy Remington? Seems some of the sweetest deals ever made were made when a well respected gun company was bought for pennies on the dollar out of bankruptcy.
well I appreciate you thinking about me but----NO!
now give me a shout out IF CZ becomes available.

Reactions: MoKen and Old_Sp5

·
Registered
471 Posts
There is only one firearms manufacturer that I would break out my dancing shoes if they turned their lights out. My understanding is forum rules do not allow me tell my sad story because it would be judged as "bashing" those duplicitous jerks. Yet they're still in business. Life ain't fair.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I just hope that someone buys the gun manufacturing part of the company. The election might have a bearing on that also.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
well with the last say--- 10-12 years and the firearm explosion due to different politics and civil actions in this country it seems to me that you really got to make some really poor choices to not be making a lot of money IF you are a firearm manufacture?
maybe instead of trying to buy up every small to medium sized successful company Remmy would have been better off to try and produce some of their own great ideas.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The problems have not so much to do with business decisions, rather they were brought on by a federal judge who decided the company that made a gun used in the Sandy Hook mass shooting should be held responsible for the resulting carnage.

Don

·
Registered
32 Posts
The problems have not so much to do with business decisions, rather they were brought on by a federal judge who decided the company that made a gun used in the Sandy Hook mass shooting should be held responsible for the resulting carnage.

Don
Looks like bankruptcy will get them out of that.

·
Super Moderator
35,558 Posts
There is only one firearms manufacturer that I would break out my dancing shoes if they turned their lights out. My understanding is forum rules do not allow me tell my sad story because it would be judged as "bashing" those duplicitous jerks. Yet they're still in business. Life ain't fair.
How disingenuous of you to think that you would be disciplined if you said that you would be thrilled if Taurus went belly up.

They are still in business for a few very good reasons. The first is that they have had far more hits than misses. They have revolvers that are in service for decades and are still under lifetime warranty. I'm not hearing a lot of complaints about the PT 92 series, the PT 111 G2 and G3 series, or the PT 1911. I own and use all three of them frequently and they continue to operate well and I believe that they are all still under warranty after more than five years of ownership and more like 15 with the PT 1911.

Does parts availability suck? Yes Is service turnaround sucky? Yes and probably due a lot to #1. It also takes them way to long to make critical decisions.

They are still in business because they fill a niche in the firearms market, providing models that people want for a very competitive price point.

Reactions: MoKen

·
Super Moderator
35,558 Posts
I'd love to see the ammo side back in full production! Got guns, just need more ammo.

A lot depends on November 3rd.

Maybe Taurus will buy the Marlin drawings, tooling and any patents.

Reactions: MoKen
1 - 20 of 48 Posts