Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i became a ccw permit holder and my conceal carry option is the 740 slim....its a great gun...shoots anything and everthing i put through it without skipping a beat...my only problem is finding a holster for it...being a lefty and using the appendix carry position (im a motorcycle rider) im finding it difficult to find a iwb holster.....i prefur kydex....any ideas..let me know...thanks!!!!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Hey, man...congrats on the new license!!! I carry at 1 oclock appendix, but I'm a righty.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA. I ran a thread "For Bikers Only" that got a lot of responses for biker carry.
!cid_5DFEAEB42BCA4E7EB1B650D599C7CCA8@DanJanH.jpg

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Have you checked out one of our sponsored vendors Tommy Theis? He makes a Kydex / leather IWB that is custom for your gun and for both left and right handers. I have one for my 24/7 G2 40 and live it.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats on your permit. Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet and to the brotherhood of concealed carry.

Carry smart and carry often.

+1 on the Tommy Theis Holsters.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A warm welcome from North Texas! :wave: Congratulations and welcome to da "Brotherhood"! :D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations of obtaining your concealed carry permit!

I carry my PT740 in an inexpensive Blackhawk holster.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Congrats! Carry often and carry proud. Now you need to do a Wally Walk.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN., and also welcome to the concealed carry fold.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You will end up trying many ways to carry. I have gone through holsters, fanny packs, ect. I can say get used to one or two, and carry the same way consistantly, and practice the way you carry. Muscle memory is important when the juices get flowing in a high risk situation. I remember an article back 20 years ago in a police magazine about the guy that had the gun / holster for each outfit, ect and wouldn't know how to use it.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
today i became a ccw permit holder and my conceal carry option is the 740 slim....its a great gun...shoots anything and everthing i put through it without skipping a beat...my only problem is finding a holster for it...being a lefty and using the appendix carry position (im a motorcycle rider) im finding it difficult to find a iwb holster.....i prefur kydex....any ideas..let me know...thanks!!!!
Congratulations from Texas!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welcome and congrats and keep us informed on how your holster search goes. As stated above you will go through a few with each gun purchase until you find the right fit and feel for each. There were two mentions above one for Theis and one for Crossbread both are excellent some people don't like Romra holsters but I do this could be another option for you they do stay put. One feature I like about Ramora is I can use the same holster for IWB and pocket carry for my small guns like the slim without buying two different holsters.
Here are the links below.

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters
Crossbreed Holsters > Home
Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

1 - 20 of 23 Posts