Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple years my carry pistols have been at opposite ends of the spectrum, either a full size 1911 or a Ruger LCP .380. Have my heart set on a Dan Wesson CCO but shop I work at hasn't seen one since September so I decided I better look else where. Last week this pistol came in the shop used, looks like it has been fired very little and still had the original receipt where it was purchased at the last of January 13', came with a case, holster, 1-13 round magazine, 2-19 rounders, mag pouch and extra grip extensions for 19 round mags.

It's a Springfield XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm and with the spare mag I have 33 rounds of 147grain +P goodness at the same weight as my 1911 and 9 rounds. I gave it a quick range test of 100 rounds to make sure she runs and then installed a pinky extension on the 13 round mag and a set of Tru-Glo TFO fiber optic/ tritium sights. Carried it a couple days now in a Blackhawk Check-Six holster and have been pleased.

Pictured with my Streamlight ProTac HL 600 lumen light and Kershaw/Ken Onion Leek knife.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
A top shelf carry - but, I'm telling you - right!

It's smaller numbers but that's how I carry my Kahr - the short mag in and the larger mag(s) as back up. The gun conceals easier but the round count is there if needed!

A couple of sweet accessories with it as well. Working in a shop must be tough/fun. I'd take home the guns I wanted and enough to cover some ramen noodles, beer and something green ( I suppose)!~! ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice gun. Looks real close to my Ruger SR9c which is also a nice setup. I am about lighter and thinner these days which is why I carry the PT709, but any of the outfits mentioned are excellent.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Nice gun. Very nice sights too. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have always wanted to work at a gun shop,alas, I probably would never bring home a paycheck

Reactions: stallard

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Nice. I picked up a new xdm 3.8 9mm last week, but I got the fullsize grip. I snagged 3 more mags at sportsmanship warehouse also, for a total of 5. I love mine. I was wanting the compact but this showed up and the wife said just to get it.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Real nice rig!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Congrats. Carry on.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
For the last couple years my carry pistols have been at opposite ends of the spectrum, either a full size 1911 or a Ruger LCP .380. Have my heart set on a Dan Wesson CCO but shop I work at hasn't seen one since September so I decided I better look else where. Last week this pistol came in the shop used, looks like it has been fired very little and still had the original receipt where it was purchased at the last of January 13', came with a case, holster, 1-13 round magazine, 2-19 rounders, mag pouch and extra grip extensions for 19 round mags.

It's a Springfield XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm and with the spare mag I have 33 rounds of 147grain +P goodness at the same weight as my 1911 and 9 rounds. I gave it a quick range test of 100 rounds to make sure she runs and then installed a pinky extension on the 13 round mag and a set of Tru-Glo TFO fiber optic/ tritium sights. Carried it a couple days now in a Blackhawk Check-Six holster and have been pleased.

Pictured with my Streamlight ProTac HL 600 lumen light and Kershaw/Ken Onion Leek knife.

Congrats Sir on a great CC slinger. I too have picked up a Springfield, an XDs 3.3 in 45 will post later. Again sweet looking CC

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on a very nice handgun acquisition. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice, an XD is on my list of future guns to get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice! Just picked one up myself (in .45) Still waiting on all my goodies to arrive for it (pearce extension, extra extended mags, rubberized grip, Harwell holster and MIC holster). Truglo's are on my list.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
Nice weapon, seeing a lot of them at the local gun shops in the area.
seem to be poular, have shot a few and they shoot real nice.
enjoy.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts